Have you ever emptied your weapon?

Bowhunter57

Have you ever been hunting predators and pulled the trigger instead of squeezing it, got rattled because the shot was so close, forgot to chamber a round, forget to click off the safety...or just plain ole missed and get started shooting all the while thinking to yourself, "I ain't lettin' this one get away".

Have you ever emptied your weapon, in an attempt to kill a coyote?

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

I have fired the first shot and then went to chamber the next round but didn't pull the bolt back far enough to grab the next round. Next thing you know "click"!!! Needless to say the second yote didn't hang around to let me figure out what I did.

I emptied my gun once, 870 12 ga 3" magnum with W-W lead BB.
I called in 3 coyotes together one night a few winters back and the action was fast and furious. I dumped the first one at about 20 yds, hit the second one hard at 25 yds and missed the third one. My forth and final shot was a finisher on the second coyote.

JD338

I had a buddy that kicked up a huge buck as he walked by. He emptied his rifle as the buck trotted away.

After the buck disappeared, he asked if he missed?

I told him, No.

He never pulled the trigger. I helped him find all the loaded rounds off the ground.

:D

The safety has bit me in the you know what before. **** they're annoying.

The first Coyote that I ever called in, I emptied my weapon. All 20rds. It was embarrassing as hell and I did it in front of a friend. I had such an adreneline rush from being surprised to see it-70yds away- OMG. I blamed it on the extremely inaccurate Mini-14 that I was using, LOL. Seriously though, it got me thinking. I needed to modify something to force me to concentrate on the shot. I bought a single shot 223 shortly after and the next one I called in I DRT'd him at 275yds- first shot.

Swift One said:
I blamed it on the extremely inaccurate Mini-14 that I was using, LOL.
Swift One,
Shooting at and missing anything with a Mini-14, is a lagitimate excuse for not hitting the target. :rolleyes: Those rifles make excellent tomato stakes. :D

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

Bought my son years ago a ruger mini 14 and the flash suppressor fell off it onto the floor...was only held on by a pin you tapped into place, what a crappy design. Thank goodness it didn't decide to fall off as a bullet was exiting the muzzle.

My #1 rifle is a RRAs coyote AR-15. Fallon Nevada 1st stand hardly even trying called in a pair of coyotes 150 yds away they were on me pretty quickly. They got with in 20 yds. I could only move a few inchs and they'd see me.My rifle was sighted in for 100 yds not 20 I made the mistake of aiming at its shoulder. Dang it the bullet went under his chest and gave him a very close shave with a some blood spray.I stood up as he was running away I fired 10 shots . But he was hopping all around. It wasn't until 25 more stand 4 days later did I ever see another one and put a large hole through its neck............ Just last fall a coyote came running to the call. My safety was one. Coyote heard me switch to fire. His mistake is he ran straight away from me ,I bracketed him with 10 rnds #9,10 put him down.

+1 Iron Worker...expensive. Tell me about it I just layed out 2700 bucks in the last 2 days and next week probably 1600-2000 more. Not complaining but just to your point...it ain't cheap but I'm going to do it anyway:).

+1 Iron Worker...expensive. Tell me about it I just layed out 2700 bucks in the last 2 days and next week probably 1600-2000 more. Not complaining but just to your point...it ain't cheap but I'm going to do it anyway:).

Now that's a lot of bucks. What ya buying ? Just curious.....................................

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.