• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Have brass and bullets for the 408 CT reduced.

Darryl Cassel

Hello

Have decided to get out of the 408 C T project at this time.

I have 500 408 (419 Gr) bullets and 200 cases still in the packages for sale at a reduced cost.

I'm at present looking at the bill still in the box and it reads like this.
1. 200 .408 Chey Tac Brass---------$360.00
2. 25 boxes (500) .408 bullets-----$475.00
3. Shipping ------------------------$25.00

Total------------------------------$860.00

Asking $735.00 plus shipping
Will trade for scopes, actions, guns, hunting lodges or land? No tents please, I have a good one.

Darryl Cassel----814-546-2674

[ 01-17-2003: Message edited by: Darryl Cassel ]

Darrel,
Having just finished investing a horrendous amount of money in a .408 C.T. project myself (the rifle has yet to be delivered), I am deeply disturbed at the possible explanations for why you're abandoning it yourself. Please e-mail me and let me know why you're doing this . . . . . [email protected]

Regards,
Dave

I recently saw where they are getting some fine results out of the 408 Chy Tac cartridge. I have a friend at Williamsport that put one together and he likes it alot.

Later
DC

Darryl, if you don't mind, would love to hear your thoughts on why you are getting out of the 408 project.

With barrels coming from Dan Lilja, it would seem like a cartridge with great potential.

Jerry

Hello

The reason I am getting out of the project is;

1. I can't seem to get any satisfaction with the McMillen action I wanted.

2. It is costing me $5000.00 per month to keep my 91 yr old Mother in a Nursing home.

3. I think I will make do with my 338/416 Rigby Imp and the 300 Tomahawk. When they need a barrel, I will twist one on. Much less expensive then going forward with the 408.

The 408 does have "great" potential and maybe sometime I will pursue it again.
For right now, I have to drop back and punt.
I have a friend who is shooting the 408 and likes it.

Later
DC

[ 01-17-2003: Message edited by: Darryl Cassel ]

Darryle, do you have any of the brass or bullets left for the 408?
Vince