Have a WSM donor. What to build?

Buck3

Alright. I keep going back and forth on 270wsm and a 300wsm. The rifle will be a primary elk rifle and a backup mule deer gun. I have had a 270wsm before and was happy with it, I've had the same experience with a 300wsm though. I am unsure what the coal is in the Win action or if it's long enough to take advantage of the higher bc bullets in the 270wsm. I am hoping to end up around 7lbs bare when I'm done. I would like to stick to a cartridge that I can buy off the shelf.

So far i have a stainless Win 70 WSM action, and McMillan HTG edge stock. The barrel will most likely be a proof sendero lite.

Go with a Sherman Short Mag they will put preform both using SAUM brass so you should have enough room for long projectiles.

I would do the 300wsm. 7ss would be to risky for me if plane loses ammo or some other ammo issue arose on a hunt.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.