Have a question and comment regarding Peterson 280AI brass

Bought a box of brass from Graf's a couple of months ago. Ran them through my Redding AI FL dies and reloaded with 140 TTSX bullets.

Is it normal to have almost zero runout with this brass? On new unfired brass? I took 5 cartridges from the batches. Each were in the .001-.002 range. To say I was astonished would be a huge understatement.

What is your experience with this brass?
Great info! Thanks for the tip...I've been wondering how this compared to Lapua, etc.

Ballistic Products is showing H4831 for $48.21#. Limits of 5lbs. Plus shipping and hazmat of $33.00 up to 70#. That would make 8lbs @ about $419.00. That about $100 to much.

Ordered a some 280 AI brass from EuroOptics a couple of weeks ago.
They did tell me a large order has been placed to Peterson and the best way to be prioritized on the EuroOptics ship list was to pay for the brass.
Touched base with them this morning and no Peterson 280 AI brass has arrived yet.

I think it will be the next time Peterson produces a run, best bet is to call Peterson and ask.

I won't by from any retailer that let's you order and takes the money and expects you to wait for an unspecified period with no window provided.

Try Graf & Son to order out. They seem to be better connected to Peterson Brass. It took a long time to get the brass (280AI of 500) and not Graf & Son fault. They had to wait too. I did contact Peterson by email several months after the order, and they responded quickly. Advised me as to when they were going there production run. They were off about a month. Never the less Graf did show up with the brass. There was some lag time in between making the case and Graf getting the brass. It did have me worried. Been waiting about 11 months at that time.
I was a little worried for awhile because of the time frame. One morning an email showed up on my net. Called Graf. I had the order number and they confirmed it. They didn't charge my card until shipped. Graf & Son honored the original price. The price was up about $70.00 or so from the time I order them.
Once you are tied into Graf, you go to ordering department and see what you have order. You have to be watching the net all the time. Or you could miss out. The 280AI brass never showed up for sale on there list. So place your order, and sorry to say you have to wait.
Brownell, will allow you, to place the order, but it seem almost impossible to get it cancelled. They will notify you it you go to there wish list, but you have to be quick.

Last edited: