Has this every happened to you?????

I guess I,m way behind..... I,m very interested in other comments....
Why do youse feel this is boring......????
I own over 30 rifles built myself with my own reamers.
Krieger,Brux,Shilen,Lilja Bartlien and some factory barrels....
Hard to get 2 rifles to shoot less than .300" w/o tweaking loads....
You misinterpreted the comment....Boring meaning....where is the fun in having 3 great rifles that all shoot the same load flawlessly! What...no load development, no struggle to get a group on the other 2? Just pick them up......and go punch bugholes? Boring!

You misinterpreted the comment....Boring meaning....where is the fun in having 3 great rifles that all shoot the same load flawlessly! What...no load development, no struggle to get a group on the other 2? Just pick them up......and go punch bugholes? Boring!

lol I got it. It does take some fun out of it. I love exploring different loads. But these 3 will be fixed on this load. It's all they will every shoot as long as I'm alive. Ones my daughters, one is my oldest sons, and one is saved for my youngest son. Their so fun to shoot steel at 1000 yards. Love the 180 hybrid. To me it's the 215 of the 7mm bullets.

And the powder that pushes the load is in stock now!

Everyone knows I'm a 7SAUM nut. So I have 8 - 7 Saum rifles. 7 built by myself. So I built 3 identical to each other. I just got finished with one I gave my daughter for her new elk rifle. Same barrel exactly, same action, same trigger and same brake.
Proof 24" 8.4 Twist, Defiance AntiX, Diamond Trigger Tech's and 3 of Nathan's TI brakes.
THEY ALL SHOOT THE EXACT SAME LOAD .3 MOA OR BETTER!!
ADG Brass New
Fed 210M Primers
N565 65.6 grains
180 Hybrid's
COAL to Ogive measurements are all 2.284"
Distance to the lands is 2.284"

So on hers today I was breaking it in on a reduced load. After break in looked at the very last one what the load was and I knew it was the same build components so I started 2 grains under and worked up to the final powder charge of 65.6 grains. I was like what the heck. It's the same load and everything. So that got me to thinking and curious about another one I build in the spring. So went back and looked at it and what do you know 2.283" and same charge same bullet.

And crazy thing, all 3 loads shoot darn near the same velocity. Ones is 2,970 fps average, todays was 2,966 fps average and the one in the spring was 2,974 fps average. Todays temps were 88 degrees. So the velocity node was in the same FPS area on all three. The first of the triplets I built in spring the temp was 44 for load development.

If anything that says a lot about the precision of the components in the build and fair load work I would say. So if you want a rifle and a load that will hit .3 moa or less then use all of the above!!!!

I was just curious if any others had experienced this shooting high like I have today.
Are you using the Proof prefit barrels? I noticed they have one now that fits a Defiance. Or are you chambering them?

Always nice when things work out like that. I tend to see this quite a bit in different rifles of the same chamberings using "Go To" loads for a certain cartridge. A good example is 30.0gr Varget in a 6br shooting 105-108 class bullets. 95/100 times it will shoot really good or dang close.

I have several loads for certain cartridges that are "Go To" loads for testing.

At least it saved you some components cost, although you were robbed of trigger time!

I have the same scenario with two 6.5 RPMs. The amazing thing is they are completely different guns. My Daughters Camilla Deluxe and my Backcountry Carbon both shoot 121 Hammers from the same exact load with basically identical SD and velocity into very tiny groups. Amazing to me since they are such different rifles. Maybe boring from the journey to a load perspective, but great to have identical solutions in the field.

I have two Mark V 300WBY, one made in Japan early '80's, one made in US, around 2010. Both shoot 200 grn AB or PT with RL22, same load, less than .5". My friend shoots the same with his. So three factory rifles, different eras, shoot same load.
BTW I did not develop the load or tried to improve it. It was his load, shot well enough for hunting and my son and I took tem to Africa.

Last edited:
And the powder that pushes the load is in stock now!

That makes it even better