has anyone used the optima batteries?

red dawg

Hey guy's my first post on this subject, I was wondering if anyone has used optima batteries and used interstate batteries for their trolling motor I was wondering if the optima is worth the price difference between the two?

Dawg, we use two 6 volt golf cart batteries from Costco. They are more difficult to use but last a lot longer between charges for us. Side note, I had a Optima in my old truck for 5 years and gave it to my son when I traded it in. He got another 2 years on it and traded in his truck. I don't think the blue or yellow Optimas have the warranty length the red does.

Thanks guy's for the replies, I don't think I will spend the extra cash for them I have had interstate for 3 plus years and recharge them 3 or more times a week

I started using them in my vehicles 4-5 yrs ago to eliminate corrosion. To me they are worth the money for that reason alone but they seem to last a little longer in the AZ heat also. I have the red tops in my F250 and Jeep.

I've never had a corrosion issue but I use di-electric grease on the terminals.

If I was to consider a high end battery again, I'd be getting Hawker's instead.

I used to buy walmart batteries but the last couple of times I bought the optima batteries for my jeep wrangler and my Ford F-350. I have been pleased with my results and will consider the optima again.

hello,I am on my 5th season on Optima blue which I gambling on not dieing.but I used another one for 4 seasons prior to current one.price sure has gone up since orginal in 2007. used them for start,fishfinder&troller motor.I like them and have to shop for new price.:D

I used to work for the company that makes the Optima/Interstate batteries. We used to get a really good deal on them.

I had them for my trolling motor. We also made the Interstate batteries and in 6 years of using both I thought the Interstate marine deep cycle batteries had more run time and lasted much longer. That surprised me.

If I had to pay full price I wouldn't be buying the Blue Tops.

One for starter in boat first year,one in Jeep 6 yrs,2 in powerstoke 8 yrs.

Glad you posted up as I need to get 2 batteries for my boat this spring and was considering the optima. I know my father has had good luck with Interstate so maybe I will go that route instead.

I have 2 big Dekas for my trolling motor and 2 big 6v deep for my PU camper

hello,just checked price @ auto parts store "Optima Blue" for deep cycle use was 255.00! my, paid 100.00 less 4yrs.ago.think need to look elsewhere.:rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.