Has anyone used curtis actions?

Lrreloader

Hello,

I wanted to get some feedback on curtis actions, I am considering the helix hybrid hunter. Just seeing what everyone that has used their actions in the past or currently have to say?

I really like mine. I have it pushing my 338 NMI. I've had it for a little over a year. Wish I could shoot it more often.

The 60 degree bolt throw makes it have more tension raising the bolt that I don't like and some of the tenons are short for my liking (less than .500 thread engagement). Never seen one properly torqued come loose but I just like a little longer tenon or more threads.

If those two things don't bug you, it's a good action.

I've been happy with the Axiom I have on my 6.5CM. Rifle makes consistent hits to 1000. The only thing I don't like is the 60 degree bolt throw when hunting. Bolt handle just tends to hang up on things every once in a while

My 6.5 PRC uses a Curtis Helix action. It cocks on opening, and with the shorter rotation of the 60degree bolt throw, it does require slightly more force to open than my Remington action, although it is faster. After 200 rounds, it functions really smoothly and is very accurate, marched with a Proof barrel. The rail is pinned and screwed down, and shows no movement with a heavy scope.

Recent Posts