Has anyone tried Re-33 in 300 PRC?

Tested RL-33 in several rifles when it first came out years ago. Alliant's early load data that was available was limited BUT generally they showed data the heaviest bullets any particular caliber. My tests showed the same thing.

I shoot a cartridge similar to the 300 PRC, a 300 win mag Rogue (a variant of the AI) I ended up owning by chance. It loves RL-33 with 230 gr Bergers. Bet RL-33 would work with the 300 PRC and 230s and the new 245s as well.

I use it in a 300 RUM with 230s, 6mm-284 with 105s, 257 weatherby with 115s, and the aforementioned 300 win mag Rogue with 230s.

Alliant still only lists these four:
link: https://www.alliantpowder.com/reloaders/Powder.aspx?powderid=36

The quickest way to find out a load for the 300 PRC for a specific bullet, say Berger, is to contact the manufacturer. Berger will give you the information they have, however, I think a lot of that info is based from QL, that may be another location for information to use.

Tested RL-33 in several rifles when it first came out years ago. Alliant's early load data that was available was limited BUT generally they showed data the heaviest bullets any particular caliber. My tests showed the same thing.

I shoot a cartridge similar to the 300 PRC, a 300 win mag Rogue (a variant of the AI) I ended up owning by chance. It loves RL-33 with 230 gr Bergers. Bet RL-33 would work with the 300 PRC and 230s and the new 245s as well.

I use it in a 300 RUM with 230s, 6mm-284 with 105s, 257 weatherby with 115s, and the aforementioned 300 win mag Rogue with 230s.

Alliant still only lists these four:
link: https://www.alliantpowder.com/reloaders/Powder.aspx?powderid=36

Thanks that's what I figured. I also like it in my standard win mag and my .257 Roy.
That's why I assume it will work. That being said because I'm shooting hammers the 215 will be about as heavy as I go as I want the nice balance of speed and decent bc. This will be a 1200 yards hunting gun so the real heavy ones would only benefit me in maybe 1percent of my shots. Most are under 500 yards. I'm hoping because of the length of the bullet it acts like a 230-240 with rl33. Not that I wouldn't mind trying 26 just can't find anything right meow and I'm down to less than 1000 215 primer. Thanks guys

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.