Has anyone taken the Thunder Ranch rifle course?

The Oregonian

Looking at the mid range rifle course, but also considering Darrell Holland's rifle course. TR is two days and $1k vs DH's at 4 days and $2k.

Searched online but didn't see anything other than 1 not so helpful review on AR.15.com, and Darrell's course comes highly regardd and well reviewed.

Thx in advance.

I think it would be good, but haven't been. I have a friend that's been there a few times, and highly recommends it.

Read your question couple of ways, and I'm not sure if you were asking about other schools in Oregon. If so EOL has classes, Big K ranch, and No Off Season does some.

The only one I have first hand experience with is No Off Season, I've hunted with Tim a time or 3, and it's always a great trip.

I've signed up for 406 Precisions class next summer. If the dates work I'll probably take in the EOL as well.

I think it would be good, but haven't been. I have a friend that's been there a few times, and highly recommends it.

Read your question couple of ways, and I'm not sure if you were asking about other schools in Oregon. If so EOL has classes, Big K ranch, and No Off Season does some.

The only one I have first hand experience with is No Off Season, I've hunted with Tim a time or 3, and it's always a great trip.

I've signed up for 406 Precisions class next summer. If the dates work I'll probably take in the EOL as well.

Thanks...will look into the others as well.

LRH and Non-Typical Outfitters will present classes next early August in the mountains of western Wyoming. Tents, horses. Incredible setting. Real, true conditions.

More detail next month.

Dates are not posted yet but here they are if you promise not to tell anybody. :)::D:rolleyes::cool:

July 31, Aug 1 & 2.

Aug 7, 8, 9.

Not to hijack your thread. You did say mid-range, presumably you're in Oregon, where would make a difference about sharing a ride to WY, but if it interests you the August 7,8,9 is very likely for me.

Not to hijack your thread. You did say mid-range, presumably you're in Oregon, where would make a difference about sharing a ride to WY, but if it interests you the August 7,8,9 is very likely for me.

I am in Portland and will certainly keep that in mind. I am hoping for something in the April or May time frame to let me practice more in the summer but that is not a hard and fast requirement.

I am thinking hard about the EOL class but waiting to hear on dates.

I am thinking hard about the EOL class but waiting to hear on dates.

Sounds like we're about the same place, on the same track. If dates are good, I'm likely to take the EOL. I'm committed to the 406 Precision MT class. I need to verify a couple of possible conflicts, but the summer high country camp out in WY sounds good.

A good mid range class would be good for me as well. Talking about it jogged my old brain, but I think Mag Pul has a school in Yakima. Sometimes stuff gets a little more tactically oriented than interests me.

Looks like couple different classes magpul Dynamics has a hunters course $450 for 2 day class 50-600yd midrange. Then tcrntral cascade precision has a 4 day class 70-1000yrds.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.