Has anyone seen a Monarch 4-16x42SF

dwm

Looking for info on a Monarch 4-16x42SF. (Monarch 4-16x42SF | MONARCH | RIFLESCOPES)

It only has a 1" tube and 40MOA internal adjustment, but it does come with MIL-DOT, side focus and external target turrets (you can switch them out for the short turrets with caps, you get both).

If one had the appropriate +10 or +20 base, it may might make a nice scope for someone on a budget or for a second (or third or fourth, etc) gun.

Are the optics nice and clear and does the MIL-DOT look right, nice thin lines with normal dots?

They are very reasonablely priced.

I haven't seen a 4-16x one, but I have the 3-12x and I am very impressed with it. Have been using it on a .223 and a .243, clicking up and down a lot, and it hasn't had any problems yet. Turrets are good, optics are nice. Very good for the price I think. I have a standard duplex reticle so I don't know about the mildot.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.