Has anyone purchased from Carbon Six lately?

I got two barrels last summer on their -20% sale. I waited through the Fall into winter with weather, staff and other issues. I was the long side of 5 months. I love the barrels I finally got!! Exactly how I spec'ed them. Now, my build has been waiting on bottom metal which was the only thing I didn't source for my smith. I most often did get a response when asking "are they done yet" sometimes you just have to be more understanding these days. I followed another thread which I commented on and most were on par with 3 months or so...

I ordered 1 (carbon 6) back in January of last year and received it 183 days later. Since they have to wait on McGowen and them being behind on material just makes the wait even longer. During the same time last year, but 4 days earlier I ordered a McGowen (from McGowen) it came in at 180 days. The C6 is a 30" 300wm 9t and the McG is a 32" 264wm 7.5t for 2 savage 110 builds. Both have good threads that are very smooth when threading on the actions along with good crown jobs. Both barrels are the only 2 I've bought for builds and haven't bought any for replacements.

I'm not complaining, I really like there barrels, but i ordered 5 in early January, was told 4 months but probably have them in 3. Haven't seen 1 yet. It's a little old when guys are waiting for them. I guess it's the world we live in.

Mine are going on a switch lug or I would not have bothered. Not worth the aggravation (self imposed) when with a few weeks patience you can pick up a steel barrel and have it delivered in days!!

My experience with their pre fits hasn't been the greatest, we ordered 3 barrels over the course of a year and ended up with 5 due to a couple errors on their part. 3 of the 5 barrels had messed up chambers from the outset, they did fix them in the end but it was still concerning that more than 50% of them left the factory with visible chamber issues.

One of the chambers was so rough it wouldn't clean up and needed to be reamed to a larger cartridge to fix. That barrel pressures out almost two whole grains lower and over 100 fps slower than other rifles we own in the same cartridge.

Which brings me to my second issue is that they all seem to be slow, over 100 fps slower than expected compared to other longer barrels in the same cartridges. I'm still working on loads for them but so far they have not been anywhere near as accurate or as easy to load for as my Proof Barrels.

I really do like the company and hope they get it together but at the moment I am done buying from them which is a bummer because at the moment they are one of the only ones offering Carbon Barrels over 30" and I really wanted to get a 30" 6.5 PRC barrel.

Yes! 3-5 months of wait time; the goal is for 3 months. I ordered the barrel on Feb 05, 2022.
I sent Gene an e-mail for a status update on my custom barrel order, and below is his response.

1655172835686.png