Has anyone made and tried a 270x284 norma

jponto

I saw a post on Xtreme where a fellow asked if anyone had any experience with a 270-284norma round. Has anyone tried this combination using the 6.5-284 Norma case as the starting point?

Curious to know how the velocities and accuracy compares to the 270 Weatherby or 270WSM.

Thanks,

Best I did with my 270 wsm in a Mod 70 winchester Coyote at williamsport was 18 inches worst was off the paper.
smile.gif
Saw a 300 WSM in heavy gun shoot a 6 inch group there. In fact I have that target hanging in my basement. There just isn't enough Bullet selection for a 270 to do. Just my 2 cents.

284 win hold 06 water capacity so 270/284 even with more fatter case will be in thes ame as a good 270 WIN

if you can ( mag lenght ) stay in 284 Win case lenght , 270 WSM is a real challenger of the 270 Wea with more commun rifle ( WIN 70 ) and very good ammo

only problem to reach top performance is barrel lenght make case shorter and fatter is nice but cut down barrel lenght is seely for balistic performance

good shooting

DAN TEC

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.