Has anyone here compared performance differences between..

Flat base projectiles are more inherently accurate then boat tail, because the boat tail is not as easy to make uniform and consistent, which also allows for the expanding gasses to affect the projectiles exit from the muzzle. Even so, over long range, a boattail's ballistic benefits outweigh any manufacturing flaws and the effects of the overtaking gasses.
As for hollow base, they are more of a pistol projectile which allows the base of the bullet to seal in the bore under pressure, it can also make a projectile longer without any weight increase for improved feeding.

Flat base projectiles are more inherently accurate then boat tail, because the boat tail is not as easy to make uniform and consistent, which also allows for the expanding gasses to affect the projectiles exit from the muzzle. Even so, over long range, a boattail's ballistic benefits outweigh any manufacturing flaws and the effects of the overtaking gasses.
As for hollow base, they are more of a pistol projectile which allows the base of the bullet to seal in the bore under pressure, it can also make a projectile longer without any weight increase for improved feeding.
I'll buy that.

Well saidđź‘Ť

What I experienced in the last 50 yrs….
Flat base bullets have been more accurate in general but when Nosler came out with their BalisticTip, I measured them for jacket concentricity on an electric resistance device…Holy Boatails! they measured virtually perfect, better than Fowler and Berger bullets of the time….they shot like match bullets too.
I believe Nosler upped the standard and Sierra,Berger, Hornady all of them started making better bullets.
The higher ballistic coefficient advantage of boatails isn't really an advantage until you start shooting things at 400 yds and beyond , IMO, which I see now is very popular…cross canyon game shooting is not my forte.

In short range BR, we exclusively used flat based bullets, and at the time, several of us swaged our own in order to have more control over the finished product and in attempts to "match" the bullet to our particular barrels' liking. In longer ranges, boat-tails take the advantage to reduce wind drift.

Today, there are some decent BT bullets that group very well at short BR ranges, but personally, I have never shot as tight of groups with BT's vs flat based.