Has anyone ever put a browning boss system on their rifle ?

dgr416

I am interested in putting a browning /Winchester boss system on my ruger mark II stainless 338 win mag .I want it for two reasons recoil reduction and accuracy .I also like that you can change the muzzle break to a nonbrake .I already have all the parts to do it .I had a Winchester model 70 338 win mag with a boss system really liked it .I was wondering if anyone had tried doing it .I need to put marks on the barrel .I think it would be worth trying .I am 58 and this 338 win mag is getting less and less fun to shoot .My other one kicked less than a 270 and shot 1 inch groups at 200 yards . This rifle I am putting it on shot 3/4 inch groups at 200 yards so I know it's accurate .

I ordered them from winchester .I had a 338 win mag with a boss and had to give the serial number to get the parts .

I'd thot about doing the same as I've used them on brownings and Winchester.
I traded for some about stuff years ago and besides the 7-08 bolt I got the boss and the lock that goes with it in s/s. You would could thread it long but being able to accurately do the increments would be a challenge unless you be had one to measure of if!
Let me know if and how you do it!

I guess it will be a hit and miss thing .My ruger mini 14 target rifle has a kinda boss system it shoots 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards and 1.5 inches at 300 yards with hornady 75 grain match bullets .I like the boss system because you could change it from a muzzle brake or not a muzzle brake .The ruger 338 stainless model 77 I want to put it on shot 3/4 inch at 200 yards without anything changed but they quit making the bullet I used .I have used a 338 win mag 35 years but it's starting to knock the crap out of me .The ruger weighs two pounds more than the Winchester and use to be a paddle stock which was terrible to shoot like getting hit by Mike Tyson in the cheek .It should kick like a 243 with the boss system and the laminated stock I put on it .I thought about putting on on my 264 win mag ruger but might just get rid of it when I get my new long barreled 260 rem . Those boss system are awesome I hated they quit making them .

I haven't taken to time to look it up but I'm wondering if those threads on this 7mm-08 s/s a-bolt are metric or std?
I'm thinking my thread gage wouldn't fit inside this boss and lock-in nut dial!
does anyone know if the threads on a bolt bosses are metric or std??

I know this is old, but, on Win M70, 30 cal or smaller are 9/16-24. I just got an adaptor to 5/8-24 so I can run my can