Has Anyone Devcon Bedded a Voere HDF Titan II

Dean2

I have bedded a lot of rifles over the years, both sporters and target guns. Have never done a Voere. Was curious if anyone on here has bedded one of these actions. Anything to watch out for? Did the gun shoot better after. Did you put a pressure pad in the forearm? Thanks for any info.

So, went ahead and bedded the rifle. Turned out really great. One piece of advice, the recoil lugs are NOT square. Width wise, the bottom is .01 wider than the top and thickness is .0006 thicker at the bottom than the top of the recoil lug. It is almost imperceptible to the naked eye but it is more than enough to stick the action in the stock through mechanical lock if you don't account for it when bedding. I verified this on another gun of the same model in 30-06.

I bedded the front of the barrel with a pressure pad. We shall see how it shoots like that and if not satisfied it is easy to sand it out of the way and free float the barrel. It is a 9.3x62 with a 19" barrel so the barrel will be pretty stiff to start with.

For anyone that does stick a gun, Devcon will soften up a lot at 250 F, just above the boiling point of water, and becomes very pliable at 300 F. A heat gun applied to the metal can get you to that temp very quickly with no harm to the gun at all. Just make sure you shield the wood and try not to direct the heat onto the wood itself.

Let's see a pic! I am smitten with the Euro made rifles.
I would but I gave the gun back to the owner already. There are a couple of stores in Canada that have a good number of them for sale with a lot of quality pictures.

I would but I gave the gun back to the owner already. There are a couple of stores in Canada that have a good number of them for sale with a lot of quality pictures.

Jeeze Louise…..those prices, that's awesome!

Agree. Have no idea why guys buy Savage and the like when top of the line Voere, Husqvarna and guns of that quality are available for less than a new Vanguard.
I am blown away by those prices and agree 100%. Wish I could ship those into the USA!

Wider at the bottom would definitely be an issue (half-thou in thickness wouldn't cause it to lock, esp if you taped the front/sides of the lug for clearance)- but a lug that isn't perfectly flat isn't ideal.

Never heard of Voere...
Jeeze Louise…..those prices, that's awesome!
Canadian prices for milsurps has always been reasonable compared to the crazy prices people pay here...

That said, it's not much consolation when you can't own a semi-auto rifle. Molon Labe, baby...

Wider at the bottom would definitely be an issue (half-thou in thickness wouldn't cause it to lock, esp if you taped the front/sides of the lug for clearance)- but a lug that isn't perfectly flat isn't ideal.

Never heard of Voere...

Canadian prices for milsurps has always been reasonable compared to the crazy prices people pay here...

That said, it's not much consolation when you can't own a semi-auto rifle. Molon Labe, baby...

Austrian company, makes outstanding stuff.

Never heard of Voere...

Voere has been around forever, They also had a model built on a Mauser action kind of like Sako did.

Voere has been around forever, They also had a model built on a Mauser action kind of like Sako did.
Their new stuff I think is switch barrel 3 lug and ridiculously accurate but it's hard to find reviews in…..English. I went to Catholic school, took German for one year and all I can say is the Our Father in German now….