has anyone dampened bmag barrel

hammer111

Has anyone put a dampening system on the barrel to fight vibration.
I forget the name of the company that makes it, they make them for bows and rifle.

I wonder if this will have an effect.

Yes I bought a Simms resonator from Cabelas and put it on the barrel of my sporter model B mag about 1-1/2 inch in front of the stock. It shrunk the 100 yd groups from slightly over 2" to just over 1" when I shot the rifle with it on the barrel during warm weather. This winter however, the groups have grown back to over 2". The stock and barrel of my B mag touch slighly so I'm not sure if this helps explain the expanded groups I'm getting now or not? My B mag has a 1 in 9 twist. The Simms had a more pronounced effect on the 20 Gr ammo.

Ah finally a reply, thanks so much for the info. Can you so a link to the resonator.

Not having much success posting a link but go to Cabelas website>shooting>firearm components>firearm accessories>scroll to Sims Limsaver>barrel de-resonator.

two models to choose from , regular and bull barrel, both on sale righrt now and lots of reviews to read.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts