Hart re-barrel

Robinhood493

Has anyone ever had Hart re-barrel their action? They true the action, chamber, and install the barrel and muzzle brake. Is their work comparable to some of the good gunsmiths out there?

A guy I work with bought a new 700 LTR a few years ago never even shot the gun. Sent it to Hart had them rebarrel it to 308 straight taper. They opened his barrel channel up whole 9 yards. I have shot the gun, not very much though, but it shot good.

Has anyone ever had Hart re-barrel their action? They true the action, chamber, and install the barrel and muzzle brake. Is their work comparable to some of the good gunsmiths out there?

Yeah, there work is very good. My uncle built a 280 a few years back, on a Remington 721 action. Also, a McMillan stock. The workmanship is flawless, but the wait time was long. They are tough to beat.

I had them to build a 6.5-06 a couple years back. The communication was great and the rifle turned out even better.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.