Harris BRM-S Bipod notched, non rotational legs?

squeeeeze

I like to shoot from a bipod at the range both sitting and prone, I'm primarily a hunter so I try to duplicate real world hunting scenarios. When shooting for groups or developing loads, sometimes right as I'm squeezing that trigger off a foot will roll and throw my shot. Pretty frustrating! I don't have this issue with my rail mounted Atlas as they don't rotate, but only have rails on 2 guns.

Curious if anybody has modified their bipod to make the legs/feet non rotational? Only thing I can think of is to maybe drill and pin the leg or drill, thread, and put a little bolt like what's on their non-notched legs. That's about the only thing I don't like about the Harris BRM-S

Great bipod for the price and use on my sling studded rifles.

Not trying to sound dismissive, but I think there is something else going on here as you may be the first person to ever bring up rotating feet on a Harris bipod as an issue. One possible solution would be to replace the feet with spiked feet. There are a couple of companies that look like they make them, you would just have to pop out the roll pins on the existing ones. That would give you one point of contact on each foot so if they rolled/spun it wouldn't really matter. That way you wouldn't have to try and jerry-rig anything.

Not trying to sound dismissive, but I think there is something else going on here as you may be the first person to ever bring up rotating feet on a Harris bipod as an issue. One possible solution would be to replace the feet with spiked feet. There are a couple of companies that look like they make them, you would just have to pop out the roll pins on the existing ones. That would give you one point of contact on each foot so if they rolled/spun it wouldn't really matter. That way you wouldn't have to try and jerry-rig anything.
I'm not sure how well metal spiked feet would work on a concrete bench while shooting for groups building loads though. No issues when out in the field prone or off a shooting mat with preload straps.

Maybe I'll look at getting a non notched leg bipod (to keep from rolling) for the concrete at the range. I guess it's possible it's just slipping (only bipod I have issues with) but figured since they roll that was the issue. The Atlas does have softer rubber on their feet.

I'm not sure how well metal spiked feet would work on a concrete bench while shooting for groups building loads though. No issues when out in the field prone or off a shooting mat with preload straps.

Maybe I'll look at getting a non notched leg bipod (to keep from rolling) for the concrete at the range. I guess it's possible it's just slipping (only bipod I have issues with) but figured since they roll that was the issue. The Atlas does have softer rubber on their feet.
When you say they are "rolling", is that leading to the legs collapsing?

Oh no, definitely not collapsing. Would have to be some serious pressure applied, just the whole thing sliding forward a bit at the worst time.

Atlas advertises Non-Rotational legs/feet, I assumed for this reason?

Oh no, definitely not collapsing. Would have to be some serious pressure applied, just the whole thing sliding forward a bit at the worst time.

Atlas advertises Non-Rotational legs/feet, I assumed for this reason?

I've definitely pulled my rifle in too tight etc and collapsed (folded up) the legs on Harris bipods before lol, so that was why I asked.

And perhaps? I know Atlas offers a bunch of different feet, but would assume that they are pretty universal as far as orientation and angle are concerned, not needing to be flat like machine gun bipod feet.

Your problem is just curious to me because I have legitimately never heard anyone else have that issue. I have always bought the notched ones so maybe that would solve your problem or at least minimize it as you said.

I've definitely pulled my rifle in too tight etc and collapsed (folded up) the legs on Harris bipods before lol, so that was why I asked.

And perhaps? I know Atlas offers a bunch of different feet, but would assume that they are pretty universal as far as orientation and angle are concerned, not needing to be flat like machine gun bipod feet.

Your problem is just curious to me because I have legitimately never heard anyone else have that issue. I have always bought the notched ones so maybe that would solve your problem or at least minimize it as you said.

Thanks for your help and input. I've been searching and reading others' troubles while shooting the notched Harris off concrete benches with different remedy's. One of the easiest I'll have to try is someone mentioned getting a cheap rubber door mat from Dollar General for $2.00 and cutting in half. Use that as a substrate beneath your bipod feet. This will be easy enough since the only time I have issues is on the concrete bench at the range. I bring a ton of crap, what's 1 more item? 😂

Just got an adjustable front rest as well, guess this gives me a reason to start implementing it as well lol.