Harris bipods - customer service no bueno

el matador

Just wanted to share my recent experience with Harris Engineering. I bought one of their bipods from Bud's Gun Shop a while back, and when I finally got around to using it I found it to be defective. The pins that attach to the sling swivel were so badly misaligned that it could not be installed. I also discovered that I had mistakenly ordered the non-swiveling model. I called Bud's to see how I could return/exchange it but they would not take it back. It had been 32 days and they have a 30-day return policy. Thanks a lot, Bud!

So I got ahold of Harris after some effort. They have no website or email that I could discover, but I did find a phone number that worked. After explaining the problem I was told I could send in the defective unit and they'd ship me the swiveling bipod (if I paid the difference in price). So I sent it in.

I got a call from Harris and they told me they needed $67 from me before they could send my new bipod. $47 to upgrade to a swiveling model, and $20 shipping. I was a little shocked, since the retail price difference is only $30, and I had just shipped my bipod to them for $7.50. I asked if they would at least cover the shipping since they had sold a defective product. Nope! That was the reply straight from Miss Harris. They would ship me the non-swiveling unit for no additional cost, but if I wanted to upgrade I'd have to pay shipping plus the full difference in MSRP. Not retail, not wholesale, not their cost, but full MSRP. Unbelievable how greedy these guys are. I told them to send my bipod back and I'd sell it on Ebay. Not going to own another Harris product after dealing with these people.

I had just the opposite experience. I had the bolt that the podlock attaches to break. I called them , talked to a lady, and she sent me a new part at no charge and paid the postage. I have seven Harris bipods and will continue to support them. Gary

They probably would have shipped me a new part for free as well. And I would have had no issues if they had told me up front that they charge double market value for exhanges and upgrades. But telling me they would happily upgrade my bipod, and then trying to gouge me at the last minute, tells me they are not honest people. I choose not to support companies with dishonest practices. Their products are not bad if you get one that works. They are overpriced, but with no competition in that price range I can see why people are paying it.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.