Harris Bipod Types

Jay Kyle

I'm trying to determine which bipod to purchase. I've looked at the snipepod but it appears to not be a good choice for hunting out to a 1000 yards. It looks like a lot of folks are happy with the Harris here so I'm also looking at them, but I'm torn between the 9-13" swivel or the 9-13" notched swivel. Does anyone have an opinion on which to get.

IMO 9-13" is a good height. Notched leg is great. Swivel sucks *** as it will not be firm when you are ready to fire. You can tighten it as much as you like, till it requires effort to rotate the rifle, but then when you get into position your rifle will just flop over to one side. Get the non-swivel and dig in one leg if you must shoot from unlevel ground. Of course, the swivel might be fine and I am totally inept.
smile.gif

RUFF,
I used to agree with your assessment of the swiveling Harris's until I put a machine tool handle in place of that **** nut - now I can put on any tension and hold it there perfectly. I would not use a Harris without this fix, it is that good. You can get this as a kit called the Pod Loc or do it yourself.

Alberta - get the swiveling model, they are better. We hunt with the lowest one, called a BR I believe and also the next size up which is what you are considering. The little rascals are expensive but they are the best there is for the money and pretty much a standard item with long range shooters. I prefer the model with the notches rather than the one you have to extend and lock, everyone to their own choice.

We'll it looks like the M's have the vote. I've got one already picked out, I'll run out and pick it up next week.

Also I spotted the Pod-Loc at Sinclairs, it's definitely a must-have.

Thanks all for your help!

AlbertaBound a.k.a Jay Kyle

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts