Harrel's Powder Measure

Mike D Texas

Does anyone use a Harrel's powder measure? I have a Chargemaster and have an Autotrickler V4 on order that will replace it but would still like to have a precision bench mounted powder measure. There are so many different models it's a bit confusing. If you have one which model do you use? This will mainly be used to drop stick type rifle powder including up to linkin log sized N570.

I,ve owned RCBS,LEE,REDDING AND HARRELS....
By far harrels is the best....most accurate,ease of use...

I've got 2. One small capacity, one large. Big stick powders and large capacity a bit erratic and frequently cut kernels in the large.
Smaller sized kernels work fine.
Used the smaller one for years shooting BR and loading varmint cartridges. Perfect.
My suggestion if loading 60gr or more is drop light charge, then trickle in last bit.
My 2cw

I have both but I use the RCBS chargemaster the most (almost exclusively). I do use a lot of stick powders. Before I got the Chargemaster, I would use the Harrel's to throw a charge slightly less than that I wanted, dump it in a scale and and trickle it up to the correct weight. Most of the time, I am looking for accuracy to .1 of a grain. But when I want to load a bunch of 5.56 plinking rounds, the Harrel's is much faster and still pretty accurate.