Harperc

Stuff is better, and likely home in AM.

Pretty crippled up over the weekend, and pushed through until it wasn't possible.
The focus on this stuff is keep pushing, moving is good etc. and its been in the times I just said no, is when looking at alternatives happen.

Physical Therapist probing around gets a bit of a shocked look on his face, and said no wonder you can't stand, sit, or walk theres a golf ball sized lump in the sacroiliac joint. I been fighting that spot for 40 years. Basically it doesn't respond to workouts. He was able to massage it mostly out, and the PT today did the same. They say an injection is needed, but none of the three Dr's here will do it. They did put a lidocaine patch on it, and that helps.

Find something that works and get off these goofy pills.

Another PT has worked miracles getting me straightened out. 2 different incision sites are pulling pelvis different directions. Second time with no drugs he's relieved a lot of pain.

When I've needed them some amazing people have appeared, and I honestly credit the prayer coverage you all have provided.

Funny how they are there, move things along and I never see them again.

Angels in the outfield is more than just a movie.
Big prayers for you, and real hope from my own story.

Ive been struggling with burst and bulging discs all over the past ten yrs. Lowest Disc l5/S1 re-injured after a successful surgery 6 yrsa ago. 3 ya I bulged it from an auto accident. Be careful at stoplights! I was hit in the rear at 50MPS and that effed up the lowest disc even more.

Yes to PT and injections! If you can find a good physiatrist - or sports medicine dr that does epidurals - they can be a lifesaver and a way to regain movement without surgery. I just had a doubleshot in the l5/S1 a week ago in Denver. 4 hrs drive from the SLV but worth it! Prior to that I was unable to walk with 10+ pain levels - even on Oxy. Now my pain is a nominal 1-2 . Keeping on the oxy for the next few months though as it helps ease the nerve tension when I exercise. That nerve pain - inflammation - spasm reaction is a nasty habit to get the body , and mind to break out of. Had previously been treating symptoms w a pain mgt dr who did epidurals. This was helpful, but more of the retirement home of palliative care vs active healing care that a physiatrist / sports medicine Dr can guide you on.

Look up the Cobra pose in Yoga - basically laying down on stomach with front of pelvis flat and raised mid chest and upper body propped on a pillow. This helps stretch and suck the low disc back in. Gentle - a few minutes at a time daily at first. It will feel very vulnerable - but any micromillimeter space that you can gain back does wonders in stability. Like all things use moderation and common sense :) - dont be macho and push through the pain - for me its more like a gentle handshake of the resistance to my pain - the gap between my mental physical and the source of pain and then gentle touches into the heart of the pain - gentle being the operative word so that space is created for discs to suck back in place.

I had a surgery scheduled for September and truly believe that I will be walking without meds or surgery in several months if I keep up with this routine and one or two more epidural injections. Surgery's are great if you absolutely need them, but the body does hav a amazing ability to adapt - and heal when the inflammation and pain levels are lowered enough. Good core strength and a good PT + a few epidurals have been my path to regain health at an already elderly feeling 46 yrs of age :)

Last edited:
I'm home and feel good about it. I'm on a good track, a good plan, and good support.

I'm committed to doing the necessary work, and the obstacles to doing that work have fell or are falling.

The removal of those obstacles I credit to the prayer coverage I've been afforded by the warriors here. Truly you have helped cloak me in the full armor of God.

As Steve said I was literally nursing home bound, now I'm home, in my own recliner.

Thank you all.

That is awesome news. Thank God

Just an update for the group.

I managed a walk around the PT facility with just my old hiking stick. A spotter with wheelchair in tow, but walking.

Some other personal bests on ramp, stairs, and arm bike.

First time feeling good about progress, slow but picking up. Out for this season, a little hope for spring. Maybe a rat shoot, or a bear bait.

Thanks for the prayers, and messages.
Carl.

I managed a walk around the PT facility with just my old hiking stick. A spotter with wheelchair in tow, but walking.

First time feeling good about progress, slow but picking up. Out for this season, a little hope for spring. Maybe a rat shoot, or a bear bait.

Carl.
That's awesome, Carl! Slow and steady in your PT/recovery, and you'll be golden before you know it. Hang in there, Brother; you have our continued thoughts and prayers.

There is power in prayer.jpg

Ed

Last edited:

Carl.
Carl God Bless and one day at a time and one step after another. Hope that heal fast!
Len & Jill

Carl.

That's awesome news. Continue following doc's orders and hope you continue to heal. Prayers will keep on coming.

Luis

Recent Posts