Hardware source for building an adjustable stock

captainjoe

My dad and I have always had a dream of building our own stocks out of laminate blank. Does anyone know of a source where I can get hardware for building an adjustable cheek piece? I am also considering putting an accessory rail on it as well, so a source for that would be helpful as well.

My dad and I have always had a dream of building our own stocks out of laminate blank. Does anyone know of a source where I can get hardware for building an adjustable cheek piece? I am also considering putting an accessory rail on it as well, so a source for that would be helpful as well.

I have a friend that builds these for trap guns. PM me and i will send you his contact info. his are by far the best i have seen. AJ

Depends on what you're actually trying to accomplish. Do you want the saddle style cheek piece that straddles the buttstock, or do you want the kind where the actual buttstock has a section of it that is adjustable up/down front/back etc?
Also, what are we mounting on the accessory rail?

I am pro-DIY, so I can fabricate just about anything, but sometimes there are little things you can buy that are premade ready to install. The Karsten Adjustable cheekpiece is about $80, but it is nice, consistent and about as easy to install as a new shoelace. I'm more prone to building something yourself. Let me know what you two are trying to do and maybe I can help!

Thanks for the replies everyone. This project is still in the concept stage and you have given me a lot to think about. The kind of adjustable cheek piece hardware that we would be looking for is the type that raises a part of the stock, as opposed to the adjustable comb that you can buy.

is this build still in progress?? i want to do this to my 10/22 an i'm having issues with finding the thumb screws(bolts to be exact) big enough with my correct thread count. thanks again!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.