Hard Work Payed Off

yote doctor

After finding this buck, talking to landowner to get permission, and doing some homework, here he is. I wish I could say the hunt went perfect but it did not. Shot was made from blind at 52 yards. Was a little low and couple inches back...

So after a very long day and a bit of an emotional roller coaster, I get to take him home.

Largest buck for me so far. Very pleased to say the least.... Good luck out there!

f45845cf-adf3-4871-ab1d-69a978f0566a_zpsc56c528a.jpg

b01e2cfd-c903-415d-966b-a04f5a490ade_zps45b391b5.jpg

Awesome! congrats. I'm going to chase these critters with a muzzle loader in a week.

That's a great looking antelope! I'll be headed out the second week in October for our first DIY trip. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself a bit, but do you use a taxidermist in Gillette? We've waited a long time to take this trip and will be making a 26 hour drive for the hunt. If I end up with a decent buck, I'm contemplating having a mount done as I don't know if/when I'll make it out again. Can't wait for the trip and thanks for all the great posts.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.