Hard to find scopes with this criteria:

jrsolocam

This is what I want in my next LR scope.

1. SFP
2. Lighter weight, < 25 oz. or so
3. About 20 MOA per turn
4. 3-4 to 15-20 magnification range.

What I've found is that only the March 2.5-25 fits this. NF NXS is too heavy, Premier LT is FFP, Viper PST and Kahles KX418 have limited adjustment.

Many are close, and I don't want another Leupold M4. What am I overlooking? Thanks.

hey there...

zeiss conquest 4.5-14 or 6.5-20 are both under your 25oz limit and i think they both use 18 iphy per turret revolution...
the ones i have looked through have excellent glass

however i am not too fond of the reticle selection. it would be nice if they used moa instead of iphy and had a matching moa reticle like nightforce's npr reticles...

elevation adjustment may also be a factor depending on your caliber and what range you want to shoot to... the 4.5-14 has ~68 iphy elevation and the 6.5-20 only has ~45iphy... but a canted base could take care of that dilema...

orch

How about the HUSKEMAW, if I remember correctly 23 oz, 20 moa per revelution 60 moa overall 5x20 power

Yes, the Huskemaw comes pretty close to that criteria. I have two of them and have been using them for a few years with excellent results. I consider them equal, maybe better than my NF and Mk4's for my long range hunting.

Thanks, I had forgotten about the Huskamaw. I guess people that use them really like em.

Minox ZA5 3-15x42 is <15oz and has 60 minutes of travel. 4-20x50 is 19oz and 80 MOA travel. Even the 6-30x56 is less than 25oz.

I have four rifles and all of them have Huskemaws and am building a 5th one in 6.5x284 and yes it will be wearing a Huskemaw. I love them, They do what they were designed to do very well.gun)

Not sure how AO relates to them but Elite's are the old Bausch & Lomb scopes. Very good scopes for the money!

Ah, good catch. My employer has remnants of some of both of those old lines and I'm always mixing them. I think you're right that it's B&L.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.