Hard to believe

I'm just gonna say it, He's lying
I'd add to this that he may be lying to himself first and foremost! The late (and great) physicist Richard Feynman said "the first principle is that you must not fool yourself...and that you are the easiest person to fool." I know a guy who tells me with all the sincerity in the world that his handloads in 270 wsm spit a 140 grain bullet at 3800 FPS with no pressure signs out of a 22 inch barrel (and there's barely and kick to boot, too good to be true huh?). In this case he's not lying in a deliberate, deceptive way so much as just hopelessly wrong and unwilling to consider as much. It could well be that this guy the OP is talking about isn't a liar in that he really does believe the things he's saying, even if no one else does. I know lots of people like this, good people who know things that "just ain't so" haha.

I SERIOUSLY doubt it! I do use a 223 and AI, bolts and 24" Varmint AR, at those ranges for varmints but with 75-80gr bullets, but NEVER with a 30mph "crosswind"! I have shot P-dogs in relatively high winds, but generally, I will position myself for a tail or head wind. 30 mph is a lot of cross wind, and it is always variable!

tenor.gif

I read on another forum that a long time user and shooter claims he is making consistent shots on prairie dogs at 850 yards with his AR 223 shooting 40 and 50 grain bullets ! He then said he is making these shots in 30 mph crosswinds !! I find this impossible to believe but I wanted to ask all of you if you have ever seen anyone perform this feat ? I did not call him out because I did not want to embarrass him for his canard , especially if it's not personal. My only thought was magic bullets !
Whats not to believe! Oh... my sow just gave birth to a litter of 18 piglets. Each one had a pair of wings.

My biggest concern isn't if this guy can make these impossible shots. it's the internet, and guns. It attracts morons and liars like flies to bull$h!t. What really bothers me is the gullibility of some to fall for it.
That's very true , years of the 6.5 CM craze proved that! Great round but not magic !

I read on another forum that a long time user and shooter claims he is making consistent shots on prairie dogs at 850 yards with his AR 223 shooting 40 and 50 grain bullets ! He then said he is making these shots in 30 mph crosswinds !! I find this impossible to believe but I wanted to ask all of you if you have ever seen anyone perform this feat ? I did not call him out because I did not want to embarrass him for his canard , especially if it's not personal. My only thought was magic bullets !
I suppose it depends on his definition of "consistent."

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.