Hard case or drag bag

284wins

Hi everyone,

Got to get a new case to carry my rifle due to a too long barrel for what I have now.

Rifle is just over 49 inch long and no break.

I use to like more the hard case but friend of mine try to talk me in sniper drag bag and they have more experience than me.

Won't be travelling by plane so the airline aprouve thing is not and issue for now.

What I could have acces to are eberletlock and cadex for drag bag and found some nanouk case that could do it.

What do you sugest me?

Hi everyone,

Got to get a new case to carry my rifle due to a too long barrel for what I have now.

Rifle is just over 49 inch long and no break.

I use to like more the hard case but friend of mine try to talk me in sniper drag bag and they have more experience than me.

Won't be travelling by plane so the airline aprouve thing is not and issue for now.

What I could have acces to are eberletlock and cadex for drag bag and found some nanouk case that could do it.

What do you sugest me?
I share the opinion of RBll but he beat me to it

I have a trifold drag bag and like it. Ive also thrown in back of truck or jet boat and lashed to horse.When Im doing some serious road scouting I use it as a shooting Matt also

Hard cases suck when you are not using them; they are big, bulky, and difficult to store as a result. I would say between the two that the drag bag wins hands down, and especially because you are not flying. That being said, the drag bag has a bunch of garbage on there like the waistbelt/strap set up that you may not need. If you are intending to carry it like a backpack it can be handy, but if not, then all its extra accoutrements are just more things to snag and drag when moving in and out of a vehicle etc. I had the Eberlestock drag bag which was fine but I ultimately got rid of it because it too took up too much space for simply transporting guns. I really like Armageddon Gear Precision Rifle Cases if you are looking for a solid rifle bag to just get to the range or to your hunt spot. Great quality, decently priced, and straight to the point.

I use a hard case.
But i have a single cab pickup.
Put me, my buddy, boots (keep em warm & dry) and anything else we don't want getting wet and there isn't much room in the cab.
Rifles, backpacks, climbers go in the bed.
Ditto for archery hunting.

Recent Posts