Happy hunter/father

Smokestick

This maybe a little different from what you all are used to, but I thought, it to be worthy of sharing. I live to hunt, and shoot, and basically anything involving, guns, and the out doors. I have young kids, who are on the fence about my passions and wanting to share them with me. Recently, I was shooting some pest birds around the house, and my ten year old son, took interest, so I got him involved, and encouraged him huge amounts. He thought, it to be pretty neat, but not convinced of being hooked yet. He worked them pest birds over for a day, and the next morning I asked him, if he would join me gopher hunting, and he reluctantly agreed. It started out poorly, not many gophers, and he missed a few shots, so we moved on to another spot. Finally, after a few more misses, and some encouraging words. He connected, with his first gopher, he was elated, and ready for more, and was able to connect with five more in a short time. I have to tell you all as much as I enjoy shooting, hunting and all that gos with, it does not compare to the joy of my sharing my passion with my son, and having him so very excited, and proud. I think from here on out, I will have a hard time going out with out my son and couldn t be happier about it. Take your kids, or someone elses kids out and show them, what it is that brings all of us together in our passion. thanks all:D

Good for you. Hope he is really hooked. As you haven't even begun realizing the rewards of having your son as a hunting partner. Be safe, have fun and keep him interested.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.