Happy Easter!!!

liltank

Hope you guys don't mind a little faith sharing.

Jesus Is Risen!
1 Now after the Sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to look at the grave.

2 And behold, a severe earthquake had occurred, for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven and came and rolled away the stone and sat upon it.

3 And his appearance was like lightning, and his clothing as white as snow.

4 The guards shook for fear of him and became like dead men.

5 The angel said to the women, " Do not be afraid; for I know that you are looking for Jesus who has been crucified.

6 "He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said. Come, see the place where He was lying.

7 "Go quickly and tell His disciples that He has risen from the dead; and behold, He is going ahead of you into Galilee, there you will see Him; behold, I have told you."

8 And they left the tomb quickly with fear and great joy and ran to report it to His disciples.

9 And behold, Jesus met them and greeted them. And they came up and took hold of His feet and worshiped Him.

Good morning gentlemen and Happy Easter. Though it is a time of family and chocolate Easter bunny's, let us not forget the real reason for the season. It is truly a blessed day. The Lord has risen from the grave for each and everyone of us. He was beaten, spit upon, whipped that flesh was ripped from his body. A crown of thorns is the only emblem of kingship forced on his head. He then carried his own means of torture to eminent doom and demise of my Lord and Savior.

They nailed his wrists and dislocated his ankles forcing a spike through the bone. They placed him high on the hill of Golgotha so that all could see the supposed King of the Jews. Two criminals hang next to him. One in complete repentance in their last hour asking to be forgiven. The other spiteful to the end. Just looks to the father and with one last breath screams out, "It is done." To assure his death a guard thrust a spear into his side. Blood and water surrounding the heart gushed forth and covered the ground. At this moment, even the guards knew that He was in fact the King of the Jews.

His apostles came and took Jesus down and placed Him in a tomb that was given out of respect. They wrapped in traditional burial wraps and spices. They placed Him in the tomb to lay for eternity.

God had a different plan. He raised his Son from the dead to fulfill what had been foretold. Our Lord and Savior has been risen to return one day to take us all home.

Blessings,
Tank

I was just going to post a thread "The Ultimate Freedom" but you beat me to it Tank. Happy Easter and God bless ALL of you......Rich:D:D

Thank you Tank. Happy Easter to all and God bless our Troops both those at home with family and those in harms way.

Well done Tank! Happy Easter to everyone. Lets not forget why we celebrate it. Only one side wins in the end, and because of the price he paid, were all invited to the party and Im very thankfull for that.

HE has risen............. He has risen indeed

This is a day to remember, We will rejoice and be glad in it

Happy Easter

It was a good thing I put this together this morning. When I got to church I found out I had communion meditation. As it turned out, this prepared me and I did a slight variation on it for the congregation. God is Good!

Tank

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.