Happy 4th 🇺🇲

2604981D-A0AF-478A-9F5F-B930F0E11D5A.jpeg

My Dad was rear gunner/mechanic for Dauntless Dive Bomber and F4U stationed here.
SBD Dauntless and TBF played a big role in battle of Midway. Navy F4U Corsairs and P51 Mustangs were always my favorite WWII fighters. Also P38 Lightning. A bad *** night fighter almost the same size of B25 Mitchell med. Bomber that most never heard of was the P61 Black Widow. All black. A four 20mm turret and four 50 cal. Turret top and belly. B26 Martin Maurader another great medium boomer. Just a little too big to take off from carrier. Doolittle fire bombed Tokyo with raid off Carrier with B25's. Some crashed in China. Japs were anilating China . Payback from Pearl harbor bombers . My uncle that I was named after flew the hump over the Himalayas from India to Burna. Supplying the Chinese against the Japs in a C47. He got shot up . Crash landed and died a day later. A friend's grandpa went down on the Arizona . I studied WWII from a young age. Was always interested in planes and tanks of WWII. I still remember a lot. Brain is turning now you can tell. Both my cousins were in M1Abrams tanks in Desert Storm. Youger cousin was outside of tank taking a leak. They cut loose with main 120 mm cannon. Knock him flat and out. Lost hearing in one ear, like me. Medical discharge. Other cousin to me, classified. I don't care anymore. They sent a lazor signal to French tank. No signal back. French toast. I'll probably get a knock at door now. I don't give a rats behind .

SBD Dauntless and TBF played a big role in battle of Midway. Navy F4U Corsairs and P51 Mustangs were always my favorite WWII fighters. Also P38 Lightning. A bad *** night fighter almost the same size of B25 Mitchell med. Bomber that most never heard of was the P61 Black Widow. All black. A four 20mm turret and four 50 cal. Turret top and belly. B26 Martin Maurader another great medium boomer. Just a little too big to take off from carrier. Doolittle fire bombed Tokyo with raid off Carrier with B25's. Some crashed in China. Japs were anilating China . Payback from Pearl harbor bombers . My uncle that I was named after flew the hump over the Himalayas from India to Burna. Supplying the Chinese against the Japs in a C47. He got shot up . Crash landed and died a day later. A friend's grandpa went down on the Arizona . I studied WWII from a young age. Was always interested in planes and tanks of WWII. I still remember a lot. Brain is turning now you can tell. Both my cousins were in M1Abrams tanks in Desert Storm. Youger cousin was outside of tank taking a leak. They cut loose with main 120 mm cannon. Knock him flat and out. Lost hearing in one ear, like me. Medical discharge. Other cousin to me, classified. I don't care anymore. They sent a lazor signal to French tank. No signal back. French toast. I'll probably get a knock at door now. I don't give a rats behind .

Today modern fighter jets and bombers are obviously awesome, but there is something about those propeller planes that's just plain cool, their maneuvering, the machine guns. I just happen to be a big fan of them.

One I love that's more modern but now considered old, is the Warthog, the A10, I see those fly daily all over town.

Today modern fighter jets and bombers are obviously awesome, but there is something about those propeller planes that's just plain cool, their maneuvering, the machine guns. I just happen to be a big fan of them.

One I love that's more modern but now considered old, is the Warthog, the A10, I see those fly daily all over town.
A10 Warthog's aka Thunderbolt II's are bad ***.. They retired them, lame, cause of F35''s but have a new A10 more stealthy. Check them out. I was on a late archery deer/javo hunt in Southern Az. Many years ago . I think area 36 ? I was looking over this canyon. I didn't even here those turbo fan engines coming from behind me until the A10.flew over me to my left Made me duck. He was so low I could see his face. Bad A.