Handgun Squirrels

Longhunter, that a nice Steel Challenge Gun/Small Game Gun!
I love to squirrel hunt with revolvers! Mainly my S & W Mod. 17, or Mod.34. But have also used S & W Mod.41 Semi-Auto, Single Six, S & W Mod.48 and going to try out my Steel Challenge Rimfire Browning Buckmark. Squirrel season starts on Aug.15 here, but heat and bugs almost make it unbearable.....almost.

Longhunter, that a nice Steel Challenge Gun/Small Game Gun!
I love to squirrel hunt with revolvers! Mainly my S & W Mod. 17, or Mod.34. But have also used S & W Mod.41 Semi-Auto, Single Six, S & W Mod.48 and going to try out my Steel Challenge Rimfire Browning Buckmark. Squirrel season starts on Aug.15 here, but heat and bugs almost make it unbearable.....almost.
I like my revolvers, got a couple Taurus Trackers and a couple Ruger Single Six's. My daughter and I got my son-in-law a Buckmark for his birthday And I talked him into scoping it, man it's a shooter.

Very nice and great pictures, 1750! I sure like your pistols and I bet your son-in-law really likes his Browning. I carry one while hunting, a Camper Model of the Buckmark. It is a real shooter.

She got in to an argument with the farms owner about milk. So the farmers wife kicked us all off. Really made me mad as there was over 250 acres to hunt. Loaded with small game, deer and coyotes. Hunting land in north east Illinois is VERY hard to come by.

Pistol hunting Squirrels is my favorite way to hunt them. I use a High standard Supermatic Citation 22 lr with a 4x Burris and it does well.

I get harassed buy some of my friends but at the end of the hunt I normally have bragging rites and they get to clean my Squirrels (Who ever kills the least gets to clean the winners Squirrels).

I find that hunting with a pistol makes me hunt quite and more stealthy than relying on a rifle to make up for getting close.

Nice pictures and continued success with your Squirrel hunting.

J E CUSTOM