Handgun Cow

I have that same pistol, but have only shot rock chucks and the random pine squirrel with it.

20211111_171244.jpg

I turned and threaded a new Barrel on my Lathe from a 14" Shilen 44 Blank, it is 13.25" and allows me to send 295 gr Cast GC bullets out at just over 1600 fps from my SRH 44 mag with mild recoil.

The 2-7 Burris has good field of view on 2x and on 5x shoots well at 200 yards. I carry it across my chest in a Bandolier style Holster for hunting.

I also have a 9.5" barrel and a 5.5" barrel I use on it in the summer months for lugging around with a hip holster.

View attachment 313975

I turned and threaded a new Barrel on my Lathe from a 14" Shilen 44 Blank, it is 13.25" and allows me to send 295 gr Cast GC bullets out at just over 1600 fps from my SRH 44 mag with mild recoil.

The 2-7 Burris has good field of view on 2x and on 5x shoots well at 200 yards. I carry it across my chest in a Bandolier style Holster for hunting.

I also have a 9.5" barrel and a 5.5" barrel I use on it in the summer months for lugging around with a hip holster.
Wow! I like that. That's the same speed I'm getting out of my Casull. I've looked into a S&W .460 with the 14" barrel. Have you been using that Burris long? It's holding up?

I put over a thousand full power rounds through my S&W 460 with a Burris 2-7 mounted on top. It was the only scope I tried that held up to the recoil. Two others suffered internal damage and one holographic sight actually lost the glass when it shattered from recoil.

Wow! I like that. That's the same speed I'm getting out of my Casull. I've looked into a S&W .460 with the 14" barrel. Have you been using that Burris long? It's holding up?
Yes I have had the burris for quite a while on the 9.5" barrel maybe 500 or so rounds. I also had a SRH 454 with a 9.5" barrel and had around the same round count on that one. Burris rates all their scopes for the recoil of a 50BMG , it has good field of view on 2x so it works good in the woods.