Hand Lap Your Own Barrel?

Perhaps the 12 years of education would have had you focused on the original need and question. The question is "should I lap my barrel?" It wasn't "can anyone quote some 55 year old process by some person no one ever heard of that doesn't make rifles or rifle barrels so that I can understand if I need to lap my barrel"
Perhaps the education on 2 continents would have helped you to look at first principles of the question rather than following that up with "Look how cool my rifle is cause I lapped my barrel" through some process that I "observed"

Still haven't heard what all that engineering background has to do with helping BFD understand if he should lap his barrel. Guess you showing how cool your rifle is cause you lapped the barrel means everyone should stop what they are doing and start lapping their barrels? Everyone here with a sub 1/2 min rifle should take them apart and lap them cause they are all crap if we didn't?

Look. We are trying to help a guy with a question. Not talk about how smart we are or how cool our own rifles are. Toolmakers aren't automatically good at lapping barrels cause they make tools. No one is. Lapping is as much an art as it is a science. It takes time, effort and personal coaching if you dont want to mess up a few barrels along the way.
Bedding now? What does that have to do with lapping?

Ok I obviously get frustrated with folks who turn a question into something else so they can expound on how cool their stuff is. We are trying to help a guy figure out if he should lap his barrel. That is it.

Tapping out. Probably should.
Maybe a forum is not for you?
edi

I used a NECO "fire lapping" kit on my former .300 Win mag Browning A-Bolt Stainless Stalker and it worked very well. Cleaning was faster and not needed as often after fire lapping.
GOOGLE fire lapping kits but only IF you reload. Otherwise buy pre-made lapping cartridges.