Hand Held Devices With Ballistic Software

stress-relief

Are there some reasonably priced hand held calculators that contain ballistic software? Seems like they would be very useful in the field especially for calculating windage adjustments.

Are there some reasonably priced hand held calculators that contain ballistic software? Seems like they would be very useful in the field especially for calculating windage adjustments.

This LINK here is a good place for good prices on used PDAs, however they don't already contain ballistic software but it can be had from different sites at different prices and then you have to install it in your pda. Windows mobile based pda is the one you want to get. I recommend the program named LoadBase 3.0 because is the one I use and believe to be the best. There are many here that are using LB3.0 and no complaints. Do a search here on LoadBase 3.0 to learn more about it and you can also visit their website. It's a package that contains two powerful applications, one for your desktop computer and the other one for your PDA. Free updates and awesome customer service.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
The iPhone, believe it, or not, has some terrific ballistics programs available. I'd recommend the full-fledged Bullet Flight program. It does the whole 9 yards.

It provides milrad data, or MOA, and you can calibrate it to the bullet so that the proper number of clicks, depending on the turret step, will be presented based on the bullet, BC (G1 or G7), taking into account spin drift, coriolis, and the iPhone plugs in the local barometric altitude, and temp. You still have to guess the wind, but the iPhone will give you the vertical angle.

Truly an amazing program for $40 (I think). The numbers match very closely those that Bryan Litz provided, free, with the ballistics program that came with his Applied Ballistics for Long Range Shooting book.

Ballistic FTE isn't too bad either.

Pretty amazing stuff.

well, you can buy a used palm treo 650 or 680 on ebay unlocked for about 50-75 bucks, then buy exbal for palm OS and thats a pretty cheap setup! i got a palm phone and finally bought the exbal program, and its great! one of my buddys just bought a used treo 650 and then got exbal and just takes it out shooting.

Depending on what you are trying to do. If you want to talk on it or get the local weather,yes. If you are using a balistic program such as Balistic FTE, no.

I was able to buy a dell Axim x51v on ebay for 50 bucks, if you want it for anything else make sure it has WM 6 or better. I am running both LB3 and night force and both do well on it.

I was able to buy a dell Axim x51v on ebay for 50 bucks, if you want it for anything else make sure it has WM 6 or better. I am running both LB3 and night force and both do well on it.

That's a great price!
I also have the X51v but it's running WM 5.0 and also LB 3.0 and
Exbal.

I was wandering wat was the least costely rought that is easey to use in a hunting senaro . I would like it to go to at least 1,500 yd .

Although I'm not shooting the ranges most shooters here are shooting the StreLok+ and Applied Ballistics work great on my Android. The only thing I need phone service for is the weather.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.