Hand Depriming

dbhostler

Looking for a hand operated depriming tool. Want to keep my sizing die clean by depriming and tumbling before resizing. What do you use?
db

Guess I should have been more clear, I want to use a hand tool like Sinclair or RCBS priming tool only that deprimes without screwing a die into a press.
db

I use a Wilson depriming tool. The Wilson looks like a punch with a longer end that knocks the primer out with a light tap of a mallet. It's about 20 bucks.

I sit on the sofa with a block of wood, the depriming tool and a little mallet and wack away.:D

I use a Wilson depriming tool. The Wilson looks like a punch with a longer end that knocks the primer out with a light tap of a mallet. It's about 20 bucks.

I sit on the sofa with a block of wood, the depriming tool and a little mallet and wack away.:D

Cool, whatever works! I have been using a Sinclair Arbor press, but want something that I can use with one hand and the other on the remote.
db

Might check out Neil Jones Custom Products Universal hand decapper.
It's universal for two common different boltface diameters, and extra bases are available for stuff like Magnums or 338 Lapua.
Lightweight, strong enough for the job and you can deprime on the couch, in the car, or even on the toilet if you so desired.:)

Been using the same one for over 20 years now, and my great uncle was using it before I got it. Just give Neil a call and tell him what cartridges you'll want to decap, he'll send you what you need.

Might check out Neil Jones Custom Products Universal hand decapper.
It's universal for two common different boltface diameters, and extra bases are available for stuff like Magnums or 338 Lapua.
Lightweight, strong enough for the job and you can deprime on the couch, in the car, or even on the toilet if you so desired.:)

Been using the same one for over 20 years now, and my great uncle was using it before I got it. Just give Neil a call and tell him what cartridges you'll want to decap, he'll send you what you need.

Thats over the top.........:) (or under the lid).

I have to sit through the wife's Holmes on Holmes crap so doing something constructive (for me) is always a plus.

LOL, you can do all the case prep on the couch, neck turn, decap, pocket clean and reprime. The end table can become a loading bench and don't forget to turn up the I-pod while the junk is on. Life is good.
db

Along those lines, just don't be dropping powder and seating bullets in front of the tube.

That takes a quiet place and concentration on the task at hand. Even hand priming takes some attention. One needs to 'feel' how the primer sits in the pocket and it's relationship to the case head, something that requires experience to correctly 'feel'......

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.