Hammock vs tent camping

I have watched and read some comparisons of tent camping and hammock camping and pretty much all concluded no real weight advantage to either when using equivalent equipment. Just as many pieces as tenting too. I've only used an insulated air mattress and my down mummy bag in my hammock, some during summer in mountains and once in October deer hunting at about 34 degrees. Stayed warm and slept fine but it's a pain in the butt to get in and out of a mummy bag. I would use a top and bottom quilt as well as insulated air mattress as well as a fleece blanket to cover the air mattress. Keep tarp close down to the hammock to keep rain and wind from blowing through, and hang it close to the ground, about the height of a living room chair. That way you can sit in it and put boots on, bring a second tarp to cover other stuff too. And ear plugs.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.