Hammers now available international

Why does Canada or the CBSA got to make things so difficult? I'll wait awhile before I place my order to see how this goes.

Why does Canada or the CBSA got to make things so difficult? I'll wait awhile before I place my order to see how this goes.
I'm patiently watching things unfold also. I was close to having Bighorn Sales bring me in a batch back in January, but with regulation changes scheduled for March, I held off. What's another month now. I hope it all works out in the end though. These bullets are top of my mono list to try.

@Mc Fraser

Would you let me know if there is something on our end that we should be doing differently so that this doesn't happen? Such as classification. Are they confused about the diff between bullets and ammunition?

On another note. Are you a Fraser? My mother's father immigrated from Scotland. I have a lot of relatives in Canada that I have never met.

Good to know the charges are "All In". That is excellent news. I am going to post this info on the Alberta Outdoor Forum as there are lots of guys interested in trying the bullets. As to the CBSA number either FedEx is getting something wrong or Canada Customs is. There are NO restriction in Canada to importing projectiles, heck you are even allowed to import 5000 live rounds with no permits or clearances. The only restrictions are from the U.S. side on export. I would suggest anyone who gets this from FedEx work closely with them to figure out where the wrong info is coming from and resolve the issue.

Link to CBSA import regulations for Firearms, ammunition etc.

Parts and ammunition
Under Canadian law, you do not need a valid firearms licence to import non-prohibited firearm parts (except for a frame or receiver). However, you may need an export permit from the other country.

You cannot import into Canada

• prohibited ammunition
  • firearm parts that are classified as prohibited devices
    This includes handgun barrels that are 105 mm or less in length or parts made exclusively for a fully automatic firearm.
The Explosives Act limits on the amount of ammunition and ammunition components that you can import without an import permit. Generally, the Explosives Act allows you to import up to 5,000 cartridges of non-prohibited ammunition for personal use. However, you may need an import permit for smaller amounts to follow the laws of the exporting country.

More information is available on the Natural Resources Canada website.

You can also contact the Canada Border Services Agency at 1-800-461-9999 for information on declaration
procedures and on applicable duty and taxes.

@Mc Fraser

Would you let me know if there is something on our end that we should be doing differently so that this doesn't happen? Such as classification. Are they confused about the diff between bullets and ammunition?

On another note. Are you a Fraser? My mother's father immigrated from Scotland. I have a lot of relatives in Canada that I have never met.

If you want to meet an immigrant we can find a way to meet. I am one but I'm not a Fraser or from Scotland haha but I do like single malt.
I ordered 100 bullets of 214gr 30 cal Hammers, after I posted above that I'll put an order :)

If you want to meet an immigrant we can find a way to meet. I am one but I'm not a Fraser or from Scotland haha but I do like single malt.
I ordered 100 bullets of 214gr 30 cal Hammers, after I posted above that I'll put an order :)
I thought maybe because of the spelling of Fraser. Thought I found a long lost relative!

We just got our Website turned on for international sales for the UK, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. Our export classification limits individual sales to $500 per order and $6000 annually. Looking forward to getting Hammers out to our International friends.

I'm not to happy about this!
I want them all to myself.

So, as quick as a flash my Hammer Hunter 117grn .277 have arrived in NZ. Great service.

I have 2 good loads for my XBolt .270wsm with 129 grn. Barnes LRX, 20 thou off lands, with R17 and R26. I'm guessing that those loads would be good starting points??

So, as quick as a flash my Hammer Hunter 117grn .277 have arrived in NZ. Great service.

I have 2 good loads for my XBolt .270wsm with 129 grn. Barnes LRX, 20 thou off lands, with R17 and R26. I'm guessing that those loads would be good starting points??

Well you are correct on both counts. Hammer is the fastest service I've ever had for bullets.
Second I also use the Barnes data as starting point. I've seen a bit more speed from hammers than Barnes even when the hammer is a bit heavier.
If you liked Barnes you are in for a treat these are hand down far superior to them.