Hammers and Sasquatch

willfrye027

Seen a couple threads on hammer failures, hammer hype, and hammer doubters lately. Personally I feel like hammer bullets and Sasquatch have some things in common, mostly that SEEING IS BELIEVING!

Also, what would be the ideal combo for taking down a squatch? 300wsm and 124HH? 25x284 and 90gr absoluteles? 300prc and 199HH?? Asking for a friend..

My friends squatch set up is a 300prc necked down to 6mm running 69g(cuz it's his favorite number) absolutes. He loads them with a random mix of h1000 rl26 and varget filled to 110% then compresses the load down till it feels right. That's of course after the bullets have soaked for at least 24h in snake oil and he has drilled a dimple in the bottom of each one by hand.

He has done extensive testing shooting 1000s of rounds into giant marshmallows, alligator skin boots filled with jello, and a stuffed Loch Ness monster. His findings are any thing over 9500fps would vaporize the target completely. So he trimmed his barrel down a little at a time till he was running in the sweet spot of about 9350fps. He found the hydrostatic shock from this setup would drop a squatch in its tracks regardless of shot placement. Another cool effect he noticed was the little bit of leftover snake oil in the tips would produce a pitch black jet stream directly to the target that would linger even in the strongest of winds for up to 5 min. Witch makes your squatch recovery snap.

Disclaimer

None of this is true don't try it at home or at your friends house. I also shoot hammers and there awesome but my buddy is on a whole other level😊

My friends squatch set up is a 300prc necked down to 6mm running 69g(cuz it's his favorite number) absolutes. He loads them with a random mix of h1000 rl26 and varget filled to 110% then compresses the load down till it feels right. That's of course after the bullets have soaked for at least 24h in snake oil and he has drilled a dimple in the bottom of each one by hand.

He has done extensive testing shooting 1000s of rounds into giant marshmallows, alligator skin boots filled with jello, and a stuffed Loch Ness monster. His findings are any thing over 9500fps would vaporize the target completely. So he trimmed his barrel down a little at a time till he was running in the sweet spot of about 9350fps. He found the hydrostatic shock from this setup would drop a squatch in its tracks regardless of shot placement. Another cool effect he noticed was the little bit of leftover snake oil in the tips would produce a pitch black jet stream directly to the target that would linger even in the strongest of winds for up to 5 min. Witch makes your squatch recovery snap.

Disclaimer

None of this is true don't try it at home or at your friends house. I also shoot hammers and there awesome but my buddy is on a whole other level😊
I'm dying 😂😂😂

Seen a couple threads on hammer failures, hammer hype, and hammer doubters lately. Personally I feel like hammer bullets and Sasquatch have some things in common, mostly that SEEING IS BELIEVING!

Also, what would be the ideal combo for taking down a squatch? 300wsm and 124HH? 25x284 and 90gr absoluteles? 300prc and 199HH?? Asking for a friend..
WSM and the 124HH, ButterBeans Barstool, Hammered Dow Under