Hammerhead Slugs - Rich Knoster RIP

Muddyboots

Sadly, I recently found out Rich Knoster owner of Sabot Technologies aka Hammerhead slugs passed away. I haven't had a need to order so its a shock to find out he passed in Oct 2021. For those who did know Rich, he was probably one of the most knowledgeable men of slug design, loads, slug guns that I knew. I had a lot of conversations on slug loads and slug guns with Rich that improved my overall slug shooting. His slug design allowed true 2" groups with right barrel twist at 100 yards. And hit like a freight train. This is a huge loss to the slug shooting community and his knowledge cannot be replaced.

RIP my friend.

Here is example of his slug:
1FFA23F0-3CF2-4561-9273-D0D2B852CFC2.jpeg

Sadly, I recently found out Rich Knoster owner of Sabot Technologies aka Hammerhead slugs passed away. I haven't had a need to order so its a shock to find out he passed in Oct 2021. For those who did know Rich, he was probably one of the most knowledgeable men of slug design, loads, slug guns that I knew. I had a lot of conversations on slug loads and slug guns with Rich that improved my overall slug shooting. His slug design allowed true 2" groups with right barrel twist at 100 yards. And hit like a freight train. This is a huge loss to the slug shooting community and his knowledge cannot be replaced.

RIP my friend.

Here is example of his slug:
View attachment 411899
Interesting, love to try some in my Ithica mod 37 12ga. rifled Deerslayer,
Cheers

I have shot these slugs for about 20 years and knew Rich and Pam from all the conversations we had on slug shooting. I've prob shot close to thousand of his slugs over the years in so many different hulls and powders. About 7 years ago tried Alliant Pro Reach and found it to be by far the best powder I ever tried for accuracy and velocity. I still have about a 100 left but look forward to seeing them back available. I held off shooting them to "save" them for a while.

Thx for the link!

Recent Posts