Hammer Prairie Dogs Oklahoma 2022

HammerBullets

First scheduled PDog trip in SW Oklahoma in May just happened when a cold front was blowing in. We did not see a single PDog in the cold air and high winds in 4 hours.

B9BEA770-6DFA-42C8-B90B-B84905BE0F70.jpeg

We rebooked for July. The temperatures topped out to 109° with 15-25mph winds.

As the video will explain, I tried to shoot off the bench but could not spot trace, hammer trails, or see my point of impact which is absolutely necessary if you don't have a spotter.

I knew going prone would keep most of my shots over 350 yards in scorching temperatures and increasing wind. But at least I could see trace and point of impact for follow up shots.
6104BB17-6DE2-41FC-9FFA-903B9DEDF7D2.jpeg

It's very difficult to do all the camera work then get behind the gun, hope your lined up on the right PDog videoing, work the calculations, and take the shot before the PDog moves.

Here were the highlights. Only videoed a handful of worthwhile shots. To be honest for my 4th trip this may have been some of my best shooting considering the environmental conditions and challenges I faced.

Attachments

• 6888E5E9-5C4A-4578-82DF-0D27A4CEA44D.jpeg
    6888E5E9-5C4A-4578-82DF-0D27A4CEA44D.jpeg
    194.5 KB · Views: 117
17Stinger running 4900, any idea of what barrel life will be? What twist and who's barrel
I am a 17 fan and understand barrel life. They are threaded for a reason, gotta pay to play.

17Stinger running 4900, any idea of what barrel life will be? What twist and who's barrel
I am a 17 fan and understand barrel life. They are threaded for a reason, gotta pay to play.
I'm guessing he is going to find out! Lol!

I can count on one hand how many ppl have this build. This is the only one in existence with 27" barrel.

No one has shot it enough to burn barrel out. Best guess low end 600 shots, high end 1200.

Not so much barrel burn but throat erosion is biggest concern.

Here's ongoing post for more details.

Is MDWS ever going to release on the website or do I need to call and convince him I'm smart enough to not blow it up to order one? :D

I have the 6MG, amazingly fun round to run.

I can count on one hand how many ppl have this build. This is the only one in existence with 27" barrel.

No one has shot it enough to burn barrel out. Best guess low end 600 shots, high end 1200.

Not so much barrel burn but throat erosion is biggest concern.

Here's ongoing post for more details.

What brass catcher are you running?