Hammer performance on coyotes

• Thread starter Deleted member 115360
  • Start date
I have been using the 31 grain Hammers in my 20-250, I easily reached 4600 fps using N550 powder. No exits and really have to look for the entrance hole. I have been using t 40 grain NBT for years, but got a wild hair and thought I'd try out the Hammers.
Bet the tires don't last that long on that hot rod(barrel)

Every last one of us started out not knowing any thing about hunting and shooting . Some of us had people in our lives that taught us about it . Others of us had to find people to teach us , reading , studying and being around people that were knowledgeable , we learned by trial and error some of us had a bigger budget then others , some of us had to make do with less then others and some of still do . If a person is trying to learn don't knock them for doing the same things that we all have done in the past . I myself searched for a bullet that killed coyote efficiently and didn't make a mess of them , with the powder to drive them accurately , the primers that ignited that powder well . I also played with my brass and made modifications to it till I got to the place that I found a good consistency with it's performance . I hope that I learn something new every day till the day that I die . You are very welcome to disagree with me and tell me that you do but try to do it in a way that isn't an attack to me you will just make me mad and do the same to you and most people don't like it to be returned in like to them . do to me as you want me to do to you ! Now back to the original topic I didn't know about hammer bullets till just a while back when I was wanting some bullets that were shaped like 408 Chetack or the 416 Barrett bullets as they fly great have a good BC and do it at longer ranges efficiently , but I wanted them in a 30 cal. , So then I made mention of it here that I wanted some CNC machined bullets of that design but figured the cost would be too much for my budget . A good guy on here told me to look at the Hammer line of bullets as I had tried some other CNC machined bullets that didn't work out and weren't machined to the style and bearing surface that I was looking for . I contacted Hammer ordered some in a smaller sample pack in the weight that I wanted to try , so that if they weren't to my liking , I didn't end up with a lot of bullets that I would never use to just give to someone to try . So then hecouldgo ask about what shock hammers were having done some research on them I knew the answer to his question and replied to him with it . In the end it's his choice as to what he wants to do with his time and money not mine . We live in the United States of America , the greatest country there ever has been , and have the privilege of being able to make those types of decisions . Some of us have opted to serve in the military of our country ,we are the original one percenters , and some of you chose not to serve in the military you have that choice to make because of us one percenters be glad that you can make that decision you don't have to say thank you to those that served just show us a little respect when you deal with us and we will do the same to you .

I opted for the 308 hammer hunter 124 gr , and the 308 absolute hammer 151 gr bullets to try in my older Winchester model 70 , 30-06 . We've had a windy winter so I will take them out latter in the spring to try them out . I retired and spent enough time in the Wyoming winter wind working that I don't find it necessary to try them out in it . I will start out with the MV's and seating depths that I use with my Nossler bullets of similar weights . I am using IMR 4350 powder CCI large rifle magnum primers with twice fired Lapua brass or ( Nosler made by Lapua for them ) with the shoulders set back .002 .

I've never put a price on recreation, after seeing how well these 31 grainers did on coyotes, I ordered a 1000 of them just in case these bullets go out of style! 1000 will easily last the life of the barrel. And as for the haters, go pound sand!!
Attaboy, Wish I had that forethought with the .17 Kindler Golds. They are gone now and were peerless as a fur bullet. No joke.

I opted for the 308 hammer hunter 124 gr , and the 308 absolute hammer 151 gr bullets to try in my older Winchester model 70 , 30-06 . We've had a windy winter so I will take them out latter in the spring to try them out . I retired and spent enough time in the Wyoming winter wind working that I don't find it necessary to try them out in it . I will start out with the MV's and seating depths that I use with my Nossler bullets of similar weights . I am using IMR 4350 powder CCI large rifle magnum primers with twice fired Lapua brass or ( Nosler made by Lapua for them ) with the shoulders set back .002 .
If you need anything just holler

Recent Posts