Hammer Hunters

By and large I've been a speed freak most of my life so yeah I'm big on speed and on game being absolutely electrocuted!! Non cns but straight down now!

Once again I mean no offense but your not listening, I didn't say it doesn't matter, Everything matters but Hammers are a unconventional bullet and conventional loading practices and theory's do not apply, I'm not telling you this because I think so or I'm guessing, I'm telling you this because it's how Hammers work, If you keep thinking like you are now you won't get very far
True that! Im 1grn under Hornaday max and 200fps over with .3 moa in my 25-06 with 92gr HH and RL23.Thats with a .020 jump. Ran the numbers and MPBR is 475yds for an 8in kill zone. Friends dont believe the speed and accuracy I am getting with these bullets. Cant wait to try them out this hunting season.

CaptDru---have you used that load in your 25 enough to get a feel for how long the primer pockets are staying tight? (IE how many firings)

CaptDru---have you used that load in your 25 enough to get a feel for how long the primer pockets are staying tight? (IE how many firings)
Have 2x firing on Winchester brass. Still tight and no pressure signs. But not too worried about it. Got 500 to use up. Plus I dont shoot it that much.

Don't worry about the BC and don't look at energy numbers, Concentrate on impact velocity and FWIW bullet jump is almost irrelevant with Hammers, Load light and drive them hard
I am listening. What I hear is "they're magic, wind doesn't affect them", (don't worry about BC), concentrate on impact velocity...
I'm listening, but the answer doesn't add up. Physics matters. If velocity was all that mattered I would go load up some 60 grain pills in my 257 wby and hunt coastal bears.
My question is:
1. Do they need jump or not?
I'm not trying to bicker with you ButterBean, but BC is directly related to wind drift. 260 grain bullets are not light for caliber so they won't be traveling at 4k fps. All of the things I'm wasting my time worrying about really do matter. So pardon me if I discount a reply like "load light and drive them hard"

I am listening. What I hear is "they're magic, wind doesn't affect them", (don't worry about BC), concentrate on impact velocity...
I'm listening, but the answer doesn't add up. Physics matters. If velocity was all that mattered I would go load up some 60 grain pills in my 257 wby and hunt coastal bears.
My question is:
I'm not trying to bicker with you ButterBean, but BC is directly related to wind drift. 260 grain bullets are not light for caliber so they won't be traveling at 4k fps. All of the things I'm wasting my time worrying about really do matter. So pardon me if I discount a reply like "load light and drive them hard"
1. They are insensitive to jump, 2. We all know BC is directly related to wind drift, If you want to load a 260g Hammer and lob it like your shooting Bergers go right ahead they will work fine but you will not be taking advantage of what the Hammers were designed to do, I'm not calling you dumb or implying any such adjective but your still not listening, You will have to think out side of the box, conventional loading practices do not apply when using Hammer bullets, now let me ask you as question, will you need to hold for the wind with the 260 ?

My question is:
And You putting words in my mouth, I never said the wind doesn't effect them or they were magic so please don't pursue that anymore, I've suggested to you the search bar is your friend but you must have missed that. When I said don't worry about BC it translates into this, I'll start from the beginning
Load Light for caliber as driven correctly Hammers hit way above their weight class ( "dont worry about BC, we will cover that later)
.003-.004 Neck Interference
Seat them as deep as you can to get as many PDR Grove in the case as possible
You will need to use a faster burn rate powder than suggested for the given weight class of bullet chosen
LEE FCD set at 1/8thn turn to start with for PID
load work up in 1/2g increments until you find pressure ( usually 8-10 shots)
back off 1/2 to 1g
Chrono your load Verify to what ever range you are shooting and adjust" BC" or MV to accommodate actual DOPE
Let Her Eat

Off the subject but I have always looked down on solid copper bullets. Now in 2 days I have tried a 35 grain HH in 22-250 and a 101 grain HH in 7STW and all I can say is WOW every powder combination in both cartridges at or under 1/2" and within 1 inch of prior cup and core zero!!!! I may actually hunt with a 7 mm again!!

i hated coppers cus they made it law in Ca that we had to use them .andd they were pricey . Instil Continued to hunt with my SMKs.s, but I did use them barnes a time or two and they work. The will make a mess.

My question is:
I'm not trying to bicker with you ButterBean, but BC is directly related to wind drift. 260 grain bullets are not light for caliber so they won't be traveling at 4k fps. All of the things I'm wasting my time worrying about really do matter. S pardon me if I discount a reply like "load light and drive them hard"
BC is directly related to all of it. Everything'". .The BC affects the velocity l, how fast you loose that velocity, which in turn affects your trajectory, bullet drop, at what range it goes sub sonic, and of course how much energy your bullet impacts the target with.

Nir hey. None of that matters . Don't matter if your bullet hits that animal with 3.000 ft/lbs or 3 . Makes no difference .

BC is directly related to all of it. Everything'". .The BC affects the velocity l, how fast you loose that velocity, which in turn affects your trajectory, bullet drop, at what range it goes sub sonic, and of course how much energy your bullet impacts the target with.

Nir hey. None of that matters . Don't matter if your bullet hits that animal with 3.000 ft/lbs or 3 . Makes no difference .
I don't know exactly what your getting at here

The actual BC is just a number given to that bullet based on how it will perform aerodynamically over distance.. now .if we're staying within a few lhindres yards and all we're concerned about it whether or not we can hit a 10" pie plate at 300 yards then yeah, who cares b it that's not what we're doing. Not only are we shootings in over extended distances,, but your trying. To kill an animal where he stands

so 1. That BC is giving you an idea as to whether or not you have the righ tool for the job.s which is why you grab that 180gn ELDM with the .780 BC as opposed to that 150gn core loc

2. It's information. It's information that you can input into your calculator with all the other information that allows you to predict what that bullets gonna do over distance in varying conditions and then compensate for it .

energy does matter. It's why there's limitations on your velocity and bullet weight / caliber when shootinnsomeone ls steel. Too much energy fucke **** up. On the flip side .if you don't have enough energy to knock over that sreel ram at 300!yards, what makes you think you're gonna be able to knock that 900 lbs elk at 1000? Your bullet (BC)'is helping you to see what your systems limitations are..Now range time , shooting steel youlre not really worried about not hitting it hard enough, so who gives a ****. Buit when you're trying to put an animal down where he stands, yeah, the energy the bullet is imparting on that animal, coupled with the terminal performance of rhat Bullet and your shot Place has a direct affect on whether that animal drops where he stands, or runs off .

so it all mattersz. you may chose to acknowledge it or not., bur that's irrelevant.