Hammer Hunter test 300WM Questions

I get 3300 with the 181HH using reloader 23 out of 300 win mag
Wow! Now that's something I may need to try if I can find some R23. But I got a 10 twist so I should probably go lighter to fully stability. Currently shooting 215 Berger's at 3000 FPS.

BEEMAN. my 300 win mag is 10 twist also, I have shot it out to 825yds at 1350 elevation and it stabilized the 181HH just fine, I tried rl 23 on recommendation from Steve at hammer...he was right...really fast..I use ww brass 215m primers and a lee factory crimp die and get .3 accuracy

Thanks for that. Maybe it would stabilize. I'm at 1500 ft. Thought they changed the 181 and recommended a faster twist than 10. I'd much rather be over spinning than under for terminal performance.

Steve is probably just making sure you are 100% safe when recommending a faster twist rate. Hunting at high altitudes and bullet velocity can help mask the effects of marginal stability.

Faster powder isn't always needed, got a load going in a buddies 300wm with a 181HH and it's 3250fps. N568 has been making a name for itself of filling cases to max capacity but leaving velocity on the table. It's also been showing low SD's and good groups so there's always a trade off.

I am running this in a savage and I would guess your max coal is 3.46 ish. I wanted this load to fit in the mag. long story short, i[m running 3100 at 79 grains of h1000. This is super compressed by but shoots awesome. I Re23 gave me similar speeds without compression.