Hammer Hunter Seating Depth

I find my max COAL and reduce .02. Then I do a rough seating test to find the best seating depth for that bullet rifle setup. The group does change in my experience. Then to the rest of my load development. I can also say, crimping works! ButterBean helped me out with this and it does improve ES / SD. You can also fine tune you groups with crimping. Never crimped for my bolt guns before and I am a believer in the Lee FCD and hammers now.

Then again...
I am way down the rabbit hole with this sport. I am OCD and can't stop tinkering. It's all part of the fun for me...

I JUST loaded these up and went and shot them. Intentionally for this post, and why not tinker a little bit. My original load was the .150 from jam. Glad I did a little testing. There's a difference. Both groups are acceptable IMO. And either group would kill just fine at long range… but I know which one I'm picking.
26CCF6A7-6C35-4C2A-84FC-B970C8588D68.jpeg

2BBBFC9B-39B3-4B72-B661-5EFB93D70CA1.jpeg
7FFD4F24-7FD4-444C-B19F-61598CBF779F.jpeg

Maximum drive bands in the case neck for bullet alignment and added neck tension.

I JUST loaded these up and went and shot them. Intentionally for this post, and why not tinker a little bit. My original load was the .150 from jam. Glad I did a little testing. There's a difference. Both groups are acceptable IMO. And either group would kill just fine at long range… but I know which one I'm picking. View attachment 290980
View attachment 290982View attachment 290983
Maximum drive bands in the case neck for bullet alignment and added neck tension.
You KNOW you wanna drop to .075 off and see. Lol

You KNOW you wanna drop to .075 off and see. Lol
Hahaha OF COURSE I do. But honestly, I personally really can't shoot better than .3 with my setup. It's a 9lb rifle with the small spartan precision bipod and just a rear bag. Just like how I'll hunt with it. Another, heavier gun, with a more stable shooting system could be worth messing with though.

Hahaha OF COURSE I do. But honestly, I personally really can't shoot better than .3 with my setup. It's a 9lb rifle with the small spartan precision bipod and just a rear bag. Just like how I'll hunt with it. Another, heavier gun, with a more stable shooting system could be worth messing with though.
Ya never know. I have a Mossberg Patriot that shoots bugholes and a Christensen Ridgeline that I'm certain the barrel was forged in the depths of Hell by the blackest demons.