Hammer Hunter Seating Depth

What is your starting seating depth that may achieve .5 group. And what is your seating depth process following that to achieve the .2 or .3 groups? And do you maintain the same powder charge as well and just adjust seating depth during this process?
I start from the lands with the projectile. After I have determined the correct powder load, I start my seating depth testing using the guidelines recommended by Berger. Also, keep in mind these groups that were mentioned are all shot out of custom rifles.

Agree they are not finicky to develop a load for as long as you have the correct barrel twist for the projectile. I approach load development with the goal in mind to develop the best group that a barrel can achieve. So, anything above .5 at 100 yds is not acceptable for my criteria.

I have played with a few HH and most have shot @ .5 on the initial load development and after seating depth tweaking groups ended up in the .2 to .3 range.

So, I like squeezing as much out of something as I can…which is my fun factor.
I agree 100%. Unless someone strictly loads for volume, if it aint accurate what's the point?

My original purchase of hammers was strictly for less meat damage in the event of a poorly place shot for my brothers rifle. Accuracy and speed are just a pleasant surprise. I used a harmonic dampener on my beater 25-06 instead of playing with seating depth or charge. I definitely don't need one hole groups out of that thing but I'll be dammed if it doesn't do it after some tinkering. Scope is a pure *** but just using a holdover ( it definitely doesn't track) it was hitting 6" gongs at 540 and hitting them fast and hard. Probably let the neighbor use it this fall for deer. Hardly any real long distance shots around here

I start from the lands with the projectile. After I have determined the correct powder load, I start my seating depth testing using the guidelines recommended by Berger. Also, keep in mind these groups that were mentioned are all shot out of custom rifles.
While all that works fine for you the standard for hammers if your worried about seating depth and I quote " start as long as you can that way there is only one way to go" Steve Davis and what critters are you shooting that require sub.5 Moa ?

To the original poster, if you have any questions about HAMMER HUNTERS contact Mr Steve Davis. He developed em, patented em, and knows more about em than anyone on here for sure. He's a pleasure to chat with and he'll steer you in the right direction. You'll get it straight from the man's mouth.

To the original poster, if you have any questions about HAMMER HUNTERS contact Mr Steve Davis. He developed em, patented em, and knows more about em than anyone on here for sure. He's a pleasure to chat with and he'll steer you in the right direction. You'll get it straight from the man's mouth.
Yep
"Start as long as you can that way there is only one way to go" per Steve Davis but I have not had to do this

While all that works fine for you the standard for hammers if your worried about seating depth and I quote " start as long as you can that way there is only one way to go" Steve Davis and what critters are you shooting that require sub.5 Moa ?
I believe the STANDARD you indicated is what I said…for any projectile/load development. Correct?