Hammer Hunter Load Data, (See page 1, Post 8)

300 PRC 199 grain Hammer Hunter
Rifle: 26" bartlein 9 twist
Brass: Lapua (new w/neck tension .002 (no crimp)
Primer: CCI 250
COAL: 3.63
temp 38° F

Powder: N570
Did pressure test from 80-85 with no pressure and compressed load. 83.5-84 was middle of a node.

Shot 3 at both loads below

83.8 gr 3165 - 3180 - 3160
84 gr 3161 - 3157 - 3140

Both shot right at 0.3 moa which is consistent for this rifle.

Yes sir, with the 124 HH and RL16 in Lapua brass is compressed to the point it will not reach my CBTO. I need to make a drop tube and see if that would settle the powder some. The rifle I have is a Bergara B14 HMR, the freebore on this one has another .100 to reach the lands past the mag. My Grandson B14 HMR in 7 Rem Mag will touch the lands at the end of the mag length.

Yes sir, with the 124 HH and RL16 in Lapua brass is compressed to the point it will not reach my CBTO. I need to make a drop tube and see if that would settle the powder some. The rifle I have is a Bergara B14 HMR, the freebore on this one has another .100 to reach the lands past the mag. My Grandson B14 HMR in 7 Rem Mag will touch the lands at the end of the mag length.
Interesting and good to know about the Bergara rifles. I use Hornady brass BTW

I dropped down to 110 gr HH in my 6.5 Creed and will settle on this for hunting season in 3 weeks.
Lapua LRP brass
RL16 43.5 gr.
CCI 200 Primer
CBTO 2.188
Avg. FPS 2970

16348278096393551997481777636164.jpg

I do have a question for those that have hunted with these bullets, do you guys aim mid shoulder like a Berger? This is my first time hunting with them, all my other kills have been with Berger and the mid shoulder dropped them right in the tracks, heck they look like they were electrocuted when hit. I was wondering if these are the same for DRT?

I do have a question for those that have hunted with these bullets, do you guys aim mid shoulder like a Berger? This is my first time hunting with them, all my other kills have been with Berger and the mid shoulder dropped them right in the tracks, heck they look like they were electrocuted when hit. I was wondering if these are the same for DRT?
Aim anywhere you want to in the kill zone , that's the beauty of the Hammers

I've killed three whitetails with them, the frontal chest shot and the behind the shoulder exiting through the shoulder shots dropped them but a full behind the shoulder pass through caused the doe to run approximately 40 yards or so. Not sure how she made it that far as her lungs were eviscerated and she had a fragment cut through her heart but she made it 40 yards uphill before she dropped.

I've killed three whitetails with them, the frontal chest shot and the behind the shoulder exiting through the shoulder shots dropped them but a full behind the shoulder pass through caused the doe to run approximately 40 yards or so. Not sure how she made it that far as her lungs were eviscerated and she had a fragment cut through her heart but she made it 40 yards uphill before she dropped.
I had a whitetail run about 200 yards after I shot him. His heart fell out of the chest cavity when I gutted him. Adrenaline can do some crazy things and sometimes the animals don't get the memo that they are dead!!

Last edited:
Like Bean said, these bullets don't limit you in any way. I had to put a Hammer through the shoulder of the mountain goat (you see in my profile photo) due to how he was laying. I went through both shoulders and left about a 2" exit wound. Destroyed his vitals. He did a 180 and fell over before I could rack another round. Aim for your usual spot but don't be afraid of hitting bone. These bullets will do their job. Nothing lives very long that gets hit with a Hammer bullet

155 Hammer Hunter / 7 SS
Bullet: 155 Hammer Hunters (158.5gr)
Powder: H4350
Primer: FGMM210M
Brass: ADG (7SS headstamp) Once fired
Velocity: 3058 w/26" Proof CF Suppressed
COAL: 2.96"
Off Lands: .025"
Temp: 84.6*
Station Pressure: 29.11
Humidity: 50%
BC: G7 .206
Best results with Trasol w/ drag at .500. AB and BallisticsARC were not consistent with this bullet vs reality tested at 100,300, 763, 1273rds

H4350 (single shots)
54.0gr - 2942
54.5gr - 2938
55.0gr - 2970
55.5gr - 2980
56.0gr - 3014
56.5gr - 3045
57.0gr - 3067
57.5gr - 3095
58.0gr - 3113 Stiff bolt lift ejector mark
58.5gr - 3132 Very stiff bolt lift, heavy ejector mark

Accuracy was EXTREMELY accurate. All charge weights were in a 3/4"w x 1/8"h without really trying for accuracy. Final load was easily in one ragged hole@100

Varget was stiff bolt lift at 50grs at 2938 so abandoned

Just received some 130 Shock Hammers and did a quick pressure test in the backyard with two different powders I had on hand. This will be for whitetail deer hunting and hopefully hogs too. I quickly settled on a powder and charge and then proceeded to shoot at 100 yards to confirm zero, really no other load workup was done. Punched the 1" X-ring on the cold bore shot using the newly installed 2 MOA red dot sight, which is twice the diameter of the X ring, so I was tickled.

Final load for my Ruger 308 Gunsite Scout Rifle with 16" barrel and Ultra 7 is Win brass (fired 18 times), 55.0 grains of Winchester 748, Federal 215 magnum primers, and a light crimp with a Lee Factory Crimp die with an AOL of 2.715" which gave an average velocity of 3130 fps over six shots. This load would seem to be hot but the bolt lift is light and I am not getting any ejector marks, but it is smoking compared to what I am used to seeing. I also tried Benchmark powder but was starting to get a bit of pressure around 3000 fps, so am sticking with the 748. This is a woods rifle so shots are realistically around 75 yards on average. Also thank you to @ButterBean for your initial help with this. I like the Scotch Brite tip. Excited to put these to the test in a few weeks and will report back with results.