Hammer Hunter 166gr bullets in 30-06

It hasn't stopped me from using it. I'm not here to argue, just relating my experiences. My logs say it too, and I wrote those entries when I was a younger man 15-20 years ago. This excerpt from Hodgdon's website suggest that at about that time their 4350 powder was temperature sensitive.

"H4350 is an extruded propellant in our Extreme series that has been one of our most popular powders with shooters for decades. During that time, Hodgdon has modernized H4350 by shortening the grains for improved metering and making it insensitive to hot and cold temperatures."

I guess I shouldn't have blurted out information based on archaic data?

(" The scope, don't laugh, is a Simmons original Atec that I have sitting atop several rifles. I have had excellent luck with these scopes out to 500 yards and I know them like the back of my hand. With that said I was not surprised once the 3rd shot hit the 2nd knowing that the Simmons can move around like that after an adjustment before it settles in, I just forgot for a few minutes.
Again the Simmons has never failed me, I know it like the back of my hand, so no reason to hang my head, it works and works well. I just wished I could find a few more brand new ones in the box.
Aetecs really are hard to beat. Can't be for the money IMHO. I have a 1.5-6x on a DGG.

Thanks, I will. This is about my 20th rifle build and I am having heck finding a decent load for it. Tonight I tried a 180 Nosler BT, let me back up just a little, after this morning session the sights have consistently hit to the right about 2" so I made an adjustment, the first shot was dead 12 o'clock, the next shot about 2 o'clock and I thought here we go again, and then the third shot, it was almost a single hole but not quite. It was getting too late to put together another round so I still don't know if that was really good or really lucky. Who knows at this point. The scope, don't laugh, is a Simmons original Atec that I have sitting atop several rifles. I have had excellent luck with these scopes out to 500 yards and I know them like the back of my hand. With that said I was not surprised once the 3rd shot hit the 2nd knowing that the Simmons can move around like that after an adjustment before it settles in, I just forgot for a few minutes.
I once decided to move up to a high-dollar scope and I bought a Leupold Mark 4 long range 30mm tube scope. I had a turret knob laser etched to my load and had good luck with it until one day it would not hold zero at 100 yds. I sent it off, it was repaired and sent back. Two years ago while on an out-of-state hunt I had a shot at a buck at 300 yds. I made the shot, the deer was standing in snow broadside, and I saw the bullet hit about a foot or more above the deer. Crap this was the second time this hight dollar scope failed me, the first time could have been devastating because of where I worked and what I did, the second time it cost me a buck on my first out of state hunt, which I confirmed on the bench when I got home. Again it would not hold zero at 100 yds and no neither time did I drop or bump or anything else to the Leupold. I sent it back and demanded a different scope in return which we came to an agreement. Moneywise I took it in the shorts but there was NO way I could ever trust that scope to be anything but a paper puncher so that's why I took the deal they offered.
Again the Simmons has never failed me, I know it like the back of my hand, so no reason to hang my head, it works and works well. I just wished I could find a few more brand new ones in the box.
Funny how some of the old cheapies take a licking and keep on ticking.

It hasn't stopped me from using it. I'm not here to argue, just relating my experiences. My logs say it too, and I wrote those entries when I was a younger man 15-20 years ago. This excerpt from Hodgdon's website suggest that at about that time their 4350 powder was temperature sensitive.

"H4350 is an extruded propellant in our Extreme series that has been one of our most popular powders with shooters for decades. During that time, Hodgdon has modernized H4350 by shortening the grains for improved metering and making it insensitive to hot and cold temperatures."

I guess I shouldn't have blurted out information based on archaic data?
I have been using H4350 for at least 25 years without any temperature sensitivity issues so I too was curious when they did the improvement so I went directly to the source ...

H4350 sensitivity issue 1 of 2.JPG

H4350 sensitivity issue 2 of 2.JPG

Just sharing the information.

Funny how some of the old cheapies take a licking and keep on ticking.
I've had good success with them and out to 300 yds (sighted 100 yds) I don't even have to think about where to aim. My biggest issue the past 3 years is the place I hunt out of state has the potential, the only potential, of 4-500 yds shots, but so far I'm on target to 400 and could wind it to 500 if I need to.