Hammer Couples Safari 2022

Steve, nice write up! Makes me feel like I'm there and can't wait to get back! I'd highly recommend a hunt with Trophy Game Safaris. I went with hammer group in 2018 and calendars just haven't lined up to go back with them. I'll be going back next year in August.
Somehow we need to do it again. Would really like to hunt with you again. Saw some of your pictures from your last trip looking through albums on this trip.

Nice report, Steve. Love the details you add and the trophy photos. Looks like a great time was had by all and looking forward to hearing from your fellow hunters. Keeping a journal on a trip like this is a great idea. I kept one on my two trips to Africa and so glad I did.

If I remember you had some first time Africa hunters among the Hammer Couples. I bet they are all ready to go back again!!

Nice report, Steve. Love the details you add and the trophy photos. Looks like a great time was had by all and looking forward to hearing from your fellow hunters. Keeping a journal on a trip like this is a great idea. I kept one on my two trips to Africa and so glad I did.

If I remember you had some first time Africa hunters among the Hammer Couples. I bet they are all ready to go back again!!
Yes they are! My wife for sure. She had never shot a game animal before.

And, hate to be the downer, but what scope crapped out on a 30.06? Not exactly a demanding load. Maybe it was baggage handlers though.

No worries. Athlon Midas BTR. Need to send it in and find out what happened. Only had about 50 rounds suppressed on it. I guess stuff happens.
Steve,
congrats and great write up ! Sounded like a blast . I have the same scope on a Cooper mod. 52 in 6.5x284. 40 rds. on scope . Ah oh 😳 it's a 4.5x27x50. haven't shot it in awhile. 7 mag did well today with 74.0 grs. H1000 and 143 HH. Haven't shot it since 2012! Again , congrats on a great hunt and can't what to see what's going to happen with your high BC bullets !