Hammer bullets

BCs are not what's claimed. Similar to Accubond LR when they first came out, 180 ELDm etc. actual bc is not what is stuck on the box.... kinda like how berger says you can shoot a 1:9 with the 195s... yeah you can if you wanna lose 5-15% if the BC.

The hammers ive played with did not meet published BC. They shoot pretty well but I'm staying away as a long range bullet. Those saying that Hammers are the easiest bullets to load for ever obviously have no played with Sierra game kings TMKs, game changers etc.... just like everybody else Hammers have their cult following. So does berger so does hornady so does nosler. Take everything you read with a grain of salt. There is no magic in this game.
I've loaded all the bullets you have mentioned and I disagree, The Hammers are by far the easiest to develop a load for, and you are correct as there is no magic but Hammers are a game changer like it or not

I've loaded all the bullets you have mentioned and I disagree, The Hammers are by far the easiest to develop a load for, and you are correct as there is no magic but Hammers are a game changer like it or not
In my mind to qualify as a game changer, they would meet published BC. But I suppose the term varies person to person. Like I said, very good hunting bullets. Marginal at best LR bullets. Seeing as this is a long range forum and all one could see where that would make a less than "slippery" bullet less appealing.

In my mind to qualify as a game changer, they would meet published BC. But I suppose the term varies person to person. Like I said, very good hunting bullets. Marginal at best LR bullets. Seeing as this is a long range forum and all one could see where that would make a less than "slippery" bullet less appealing.
I've shot the 30 cal 124 HH to a 1000 yards and the low BC was some what equalized by the velocity gains and I will say I have never had a bullet hit the plate as hard as the Hammers, not even comparable, so once again I disagree

Recent Posts