Hammer bullets

Here's the 124gr Hammer in 6.5x47. Last one was a flyer, 4 shots at 100yds. Will go to 200 and chrono.

Attachments

• 20200806_171124.jpg
    20200806_171124.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 116
No better bullet out there. Been handloading for 35 years and tried all types and brands of bullets. Superb accuracy, easy load development, and reliable and outstanding terminal performance. pics are of typical groups with 124 gr HH in 6.5 CM and 143 gr HH in 28 Nosler
What types of velocity are you getting from the 143 HH in your 28? I currently shoot the 169 HH in my 28. It has been a fantastic bullet and so easy to get it to shoot.

How are the BC's on these? On par with ELDX or?????
No. Copper bullets don't have the BC that lead bullets have. Someone smarter than me can explain why, I just know they aren't nearly as good in the BC department. However the terminal performance is really impressive and in some areas lead bullets aren't allowed. There are others that just don't want any lead in their game.

Here's the 30.06 with 152 Shock Hammers. 100yds and using these bullets make developing loads so easy. My shoulder hurt. Using Staball. 2850 on the Chrono for those 3. Need to prove and move to 200yards along with 6.5x47 and 6.5CM.

Attachments

• 20200807_143905.jpg
    20200807_143905.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 107
What types of velocity are you getting from the 143 HH in your 28? I currently shoot the 169 HH in my 28. It has been a fantastic bullet and so easy to get it to shoot.

what bc numbers are you getting with the 169? Have you shot it long?

How are the BC's on these? On par with ELDX or?????
BCs are not what's claimed. Similar to Accubond LR when they first came out, 180 ELDm etc. actual bc is not what is stuck on the box.... kinda like how berger says you can shoot a 1:9 with the 195s... yeah you can if you wanna lose 5-15% if the BC.

The hammers ive played with did not meet published BC. They shoot pretty well but I'm staying away as a long range bullet. Those saying that Hammers are the easiest bullets to load for ever obviously have no played with Sierra game kings TMKs, game changers etc.... just like everybody else Hammers have their cult following. So does berger so does hornady so does nosler. Take everything you read with a grain of salt. There is no magic in this game.

what bc numbers are you getting with the 169? Have you shot it long?
I haven't yet, I had to use a mono on a bison hunt so I chose the Hammer. With little time to develop a load and get ready I never was able to work with it past 300. The suggested load from Hammer gave me 1/2 MOA so I left it and went. Since I just haven't had time with school and work.